Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Where's the master clutch cylinder on a Dodge Stratus

Old 04-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JNasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where's the master clutch cylinder on a Dodge Stratus

first let me say I appreciate you guys input on other problems I've had. With that said to make a long story short:

girlfriend's car won't go into gear, so I check clutch fluid reservoir, its completely empty, fill it with fliud and clutch comes back to life but no pressure, tried pumping the clutch. And I'm sure that air got in and it needs to be bled. So here's the newb question:

Where in the hell is the clutch master cylinder located so I can bleed this damn thing and she can get to work?

I really appreciate your help, and I did search already on the bleeding process so I should be good there.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:06 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Default Re: Where's the master clutch cylinder on a Dodge Stratus

best place for this question

www.stratusphere.net
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

If you filled it up with fluid, you filled it at the resevoir for the master cylinder. You bleed a system from the slave cylinder, I hope this is what you meant.

Could be a hyrdaulic T/O bearing. Have you checked around the trans? If I had to look, check for a line coming from the master cylinder going into the trans (by the clutch/pressure plate). Next to it is usually one coming out with the bleed valve on the end. If not, the slave cylinder should be attached externally to the trans somewhere, just follow the lines from the master cylinder. Hope that helps.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

JNasty is an unknown quantity at this point

nice, that's exactly what I meant, and the rubber boot on the slave was leaking horribly, so we replaced it and the slave. Learned something new and easy to do. I appreciate all the help!