Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Where to go with my DSM... Opinions wanted!

Old 03-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where to go with my DSM... Opinions wanted!

For the record: Hello! This will be my first official post on VADriven. I have been reading these boards for 2 months, but never brought my self to registering. I hope to be an active member.

Anyways...

Thanks to Greg of UCS Performance in Maryland, I will be driving home my 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (6-bolt) this Friday. What's built? Weiseco 8.5:1 compression forged pistons w/ teflon coated side skirts and full floating wrist pins. The engine is using Eagle Rods w/ ARP rod bolts, ARP main studs, Clevite 77 main and rod bearings, ARP head studs, Cometic MLS head gasket, and a stock rebuilt 1st gen cylinder head. Its running on a little 14b Turbo at the moment.

My car is stock with the exception of the 3" TB Exhaust, ACT2100, a Greddy Big FMIC, Wahlbro* 255lph, 550cc injectors (maybe getting ahold of some 650s for uber cheap).

With all of that said, I'd like opinions on what kind of silly-ass turbo I should put on this potential beast. I'm looking to make 350awhp for now. Clearly some minor upgrades will need to be made when I decide to make the long awaited jump in turbochargers (Clutch/FW, BOV, MBC, small things), but she's got plenty of fuel and not enough air.

I'm looking for opinions based on experience. What do you have? What kind of numbers do you make? I've done tons of research, and have a few ideas of where to go from here, but again - I'm looking for personal experience.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:02 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Default Re: Where to go with my DSM... Opinions wanted!

throw an evo III 16g or a 20g on it for now, good starter turbos.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:24 PM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo

Originally Posted by iBoost
For the record: Hello! This will be my first official post on VADriven. I have been reading these boards for 2 months, but never brought my self to registering. I hope to be an active member.

Anyways...

Thanks to Greg of UCS Performance in Maryland, I will be driving home my 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (6-bolt) this Friday. What's built? Weiseco 8.5:1 compression forged pistons w/ teflon coated side skirts and full floating wrist pins. The engine is using Eagle Rods w/ ARP rod bolts, ARP main studs, Clevite 77 main and rod bearings, ARP head studs, Cometic MLS head gasket, and a stock rebuilt 1st gen cylinder head. Its running on a little 14b Turbo at the moment.

My car is stock with the exception of the 3" TB Exhaust, ACT2100, a Greddy Big FMIC, Wahlbro* 255lph, 550cc injectors (maybe getting ahold of some 650s for uber cheap).

With all of that said, I'd like opinions on what kind of silly-ass turbo I should put on this potential beast. I'm looking to make 350awhp for now. Clearly some minor upgrades will need to be made when I decide to make the long awaited jump in turbochargers (Clutch/FW, BOV, MBC, small things), but she's got plenty of fuel and not enough air.

I'm looking for opinions based on experience. What do you have? What kind of numbers do you make? I've done tons of research, and have a few ideas of where to go from here, but again - I'm looking for personal experience.

Thanks in advance!
welcome.

and yes, i would say go with a 20g
Old 03-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned

Honestly, thats the route I will likely take. I can get ahold of an EvoIII b16g for 150.00 and from my understanding it will bolt right up. No need for an upgrading the o2 housing or any of that nonsense. Still, I'd be interested in hearing some other viable routes.

I'd love someone to tell me to pick up an FP3052.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:27 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

gt35r
Old 03-25-2007, 09:55 PM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo

gt60r

lol

you MIGHT be able to spool it.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:23 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iBoost
Honestly, thats the route I will likely take. I can get ahold of an EvoIII b16g for 150.00 and from my understanding it will bolt right up. No need for an upgrading the o2 housing or any of that nonsense. Still, I'd be interested in hearing some other viable routes.

I'd love someone to tell me to pick up an FP3052.
3052 is an ok turbo, basicly it's the same thing as a GT30R.

the Evo3 16G will fit right up since you already have the 14b on there.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Banned

Awesome. Thanks for the input! I'm gonna pick this 16g up for the time being. I expect to see a healthy increase in numbers. Will post slips in the next week or so!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:03 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

should get a good 30whp bolting on the evo 16G over a 14b
Old 03-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Banned

I'm assuming you're referring to dropping a 16g in it without a tune? 14b's max out at about 250-270whp, correct? I've seen plenty of people putting down 330+whp with a conservative tune. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I bought the 16g today. Will be getting under the hood this evening.

Quick Reply: Where to go with my DSM... Opinions wanted!