Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

when is exhaust illegal?

Old 10-09-2003, 08:13 AM
squeegee my fiji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†
Default when is exhaust illegal?

ive been hearing stories lately of people geting busted for illegal exhaust. im considering an Custom exhaust with an Arospeed muffler for my car soon, and was wondering what is considered illegal exhaust. i thought that as long as the piping design is stock lke, then its ok? was i informed wrong?

-carson
Old 10-09-2003, 08:42 AM
H22AHH

93LudeSi is an unknown quantity at this point

yup...any kind of alteration to your stock exhaust = illegal
Old 10-09-2003, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

Kioller is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an arospeed pipe on my car, and god it sounds pretty, i personally love it. buuuuut the cops don't, i have had 3 tickets, like you get a ticket, then they leave you alone, until you go to court, then a week later you get another one. kidna sucks. i am lookin into magnaflow or flowmaster, dunno which is better though, still researching.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

if its not insanely loud and ur car isnt too flashy, cops will generally leave you alone. just dont go balls out infront of a cop and they are pretty much chill. (most of them, anyway)
Old 10-09-2003, 10:16 AM
squeegee my fiji

†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†

so ANY/ALL aftermarket exhaust is illegal?

im confused
Old 10-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah basically. any mod to your car in which you are altering to an other than stocklike form....
Old 10-09-2003, 10:31 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sk8rmike
yeah basically. any mod to your car in which you are altering to an other than stocklike form....
yup,

FYI:

A ticket for "altered suspension" is only $77!!

You can either prove to the judge that you fixed it, or just pay the money...I choose the latter...obviously!!
Old 10-09-2003, 12:05 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

yup. it's all pretty much illegal.

i wonder if anyone ever got a ticket for TRD exhaust. it's equipped form the dealer, so it should by their definition be legal. i've heard they have a 92db limit in cali. they want to make it national. maybe arnold will tell them "unless it is louder that a 747 it's okay with me" (as he drives off in an milspec H1).
Old 10-09-2003, 12:13 PM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

i have a flow master and i havent been messed with, dunno how loud it is though, any body from chick fil a hear it? its also connected to tanabe mandrel bent piping, as far as being lowered, i think youre ok if you spend the dough and buy a nice setup so you dont bouce down the road, ive pulled up to many cops at 7-11 and never had them say anything, but when i wasnt lowered and had a racing medallion exhaust and a kit, they told me it was illegal and i was too low
Old 10-09-2003, 12:37 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

You can get a ticket for anything NOT STOCK. It depends if you are harrassed by an asshole pig or not. End of story.

Quick Reply: when is exhaust illegal?