VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Wheel offset help (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/wheel-offset-help-483077/)

Resuhrrect 04-12-2014 05:38 PM

Wheel offset help

Make: Honda
Model: Civic EX
Year: 99

So I bought some XXR's 521s with a +20 offset and 195/50 tires. My car is lowered on springs with no camber kit, but has back fenders rolled only. As you might have expected, the car rubbed.. terribly..front and back. I had to put 2 inch spring spacers in the back just to get home. I have had some people tell me they wouldn't work from the get-go because of the offset, and others tell me they tuck +20 no problem. I honestly have no idea what to do. I had to put my old wheels/tires back on because the rubbing was so bad. I made the decision to sell the wheels/tires. I haven't YET but have a buyer tomorrow. I have also a body shop that wants to re-roll my fenders to see if it was just a bad roll or not. Should I keep the xxrs or sell them because the offset is too low? Is the tire too big for the wheels (195/50)? Also, I'm looking at some Rota Grids that have a +40 offset, will I have any problems with rubbing if I buy these instead? Please help> :(

PicovAndropov 04-12-2014 05:50 PM

Re: Wheel offset help

I have no problems tucking a 16x8, +20 offset on my coupe. Have someone roll the fenders(someone who knows what they are doing) run a camber kit in the front. I don't have a camber kit in the rear and I don't have issues rubbing. I also have a 205/40/16 nitto NeoGen on the wheel. No issues rubbing in full turns, going over bumps or anything. My rear has -2.8 degrees camber and the front has -1.2. The rear camber is from lowering. Factory max negative spec is -1.8 degrees if I remember correctly. Just make sure to get a good alignment and you will be fine

Resuhrrect 04-12-2014 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by PicovAndropov:8279202
I have no problems tucking a 16x8, +20 offset on my coupe. Have someone roll the fenders(someone who knows what they are doing) run a camber kit in the front. I don't have a camber kit in the rear and I don't have issues rubbing. I also have a 205/40/16 nitto NeoGen on the wheel. No issues rubbing in full turns, going over bumps or anything. My rear has -2.8 degrees camber and the front has -1.2. The rear camber is from lowering. Factory max negative spec is -1.8 degrees if I remember correctly. Just make sure to get a good alignment and you will be fine

I really don't have the time or funds for a camber kit so would I be better off selling and getting the Rotas with +40? The car is my DD

PicovAndropov 04-12-2014 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Resuhrrect (Post 8279214)
I really don't have the time or funds for a camber kit so would I be better off selling and getting the Rotas with +40? The car is my DD

I daily mine with +20 offset. And if you don't have funds, why modify a car? Keep it stock and save up money. Get a better job or go to school.

I<3Strippers! 04-13-2014 08:44 AM

Then don't fuck with the car. I hate this about the honda crowd. Want to keep up with the other retards and ruin their car thinking their cool, and don't have the money to do it right.

Yardjass 04-13-2014 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by I<3Strippers! (Post 8279290)
Then don't fuck with the car. I hate this about the honda crowd. Want to keep up with the other retards and ruin their car thinking their cool, and don't have the money to do it right.

This. The ultimate form of white trashery is thinking you should own a car that you can't afford. You see this with mods in the Honda crowd and you even see it all the way up to many new BMW owners. Drive what you can afford. Don't put all of your money into cars and fucking shoes.

Hooch 04-13-2014 09:18 AM

Just what kind of poor are you anyway? Pot head working at pizza hut and living at their parents kinda poor or ditch digging pothead scraping to make ends with 4 room mates in a 3 bedroom shack kinda poor?

I ask because you could at least get a cheapo front and rear camber kit set on ebay for less than $100. Hell it`ll even come in gay ass trendy purple if you want AT NO EXTRA COST! now get on that ramen noodle diet and fix your shit, or don`t touch it at all.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...psbe5f53d1.png

Resuhrrect 04-13-2014 06:59 PM

Lol you kids are the reason this forum is a piece of shit and no one wants to be apart of it. It was a fucking question with an answer. Good day keyboard warriors.

Yardjass 04-13-2014 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Resuhrrect (Post 8279445)
Lol you kids are the reason this forum is a piece of shit and no one wants to be apart of it. It was a fucking question with an answer. Good day keyboard warriors.

I gave you an answer. I said don't be a faggot and try to ball if you can't even afford $90 in ebay Honda parts. Get your priorities straight instead of dumping what little cash you have into a shitbox Honda. If you don't want to hear it that's your problem I guess. Sometimes you just can't help the retarded.

I<3Strippers! 04-13-2014 07:20 PM

No, there are tons of great, knowledgable members on this site. This site has gone way down hill because fucking cheap retards like yourself who put on low quality parts and expect everything to be peachy. Here's a great tip: save your money, get coil overs, a camber kit, and be done with it. I bet you lowered it on the factory shocks too. Bitches prolly have 200k on them.