VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Wheel Lock Key Broke!!! Help! (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/wheel-lock-key-broke-help-217/)

LSpowered 11-05-2002 02:45 PM

Wheel Lock Key Broke!!! Help!

My wheel lock key stripped and now i have no access to remove my rims . . . what should i do . . i already bought a new set of locks with a new key. . . . what should i do ?

blackout 11-05-2002 03:00 PM

try to find a socket that will fit VERY SNUGLY on the lug, hammer that bitch on there as far as you can and try to break it loose. hopefull that will work... if not then you may have to resort to air hammers or torches. :(

SmartAss 11-05-2002 03:17 PM

Depednds on where you bought it from like say advanced, you could go back and buy another set with teh same key.

Attrayant 11-05-2002 03:30 PM

when I bought my car, only one of the rims had a lock lug on it. No key was included. I found a guy that makes a living stealing rims, he pounded a deep ass socket on there with a sledge, then used the air gun to take it off. He had a compressor set up in the back of his van. Kinda cool, only now I'm scared he's gonna take my new rims.... :D

Ninety7GSX 11-05-2002 04:08 PM

The other route is a good chisel and a big hammer. Bust it down the center.

Another trick from the ghetto key lock removal book.

MORE IMPATIENT 11-05-2002 04:17 PM

it looks to me like you have an integra, if they are honda wheel locks, you can go to the honda dealership and ask them to remove the locks, they have a master set of every key lock made, well, they should,opsi ran into the problem of them not having one,but i would go there instead of hacking that shit off.......

LSpowered 11-05-2002 06:56 PM

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
it looks to me like you have an integra, if they are honda wheel locks, you can go to the honda dealership and ask them to remove the locks, they have a master set of every key lock made, well, they should,opsi ran into the problem of them not having one,but i would go there instead of hacking that shit off.......
How much do you think they'll charge for them to remove them?
thanks for the help i appreciate it . .

tippyzuk 11-06-2002 04:37 PM

i had the same problem once

Hey, I once had the same problem with a suzuki samurai i bought, I luckily have air tools and stuff, but what you can do, is take a socket that is half-inch drive(prolly only ones that will have the right size socket cuz 3/8ths are smaller) and hammer it on with a metal mallet or sledge, then take a 1/2 inch breaker bar and take it off, dont try a small ratchet because it will be hard to get off, U NEED LEVERAGE...

cokinut 11-08-2002 05:24 PM

take it to honda - it's fail proof. i got stuck on the side of I495 for an hour cause my bro and his girl couldn't find the wheel lock key for the rim so we could change the flat. Oh well. Took it to honda and they took it off (had to break them all off cause they didn't have a master) and installed new ones. If you're looking to buy OEM parts from the Dealer....hmmmm $$$$.

LSpowered 11-08-2002 09:23 PM

I found a place over here that will remove my lugs for $6 bucks each .. but dayam . . there goes $24 bucks that i don't wanna spend . .if anyone finds any other place that's cheaper . . let me know . . thanks. . I'm on a low budget . . DAYAM CAR PAYMENT. . .. :mad: