Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Wheel Help

Old 04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these parts
Default Wheel Help

i need help with choosing a rear camber kit for my integra dc2
i want the wheel to be in the fender like the red integra

what rear camber kit should i buy?

Last edited by maurice24; 07-23-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Wheel Help

it looks as if the red car is a few inches lower than you...with low profile tires...and when lowered that far the top leans in ...

he way have an adjustable camber as well...
Old 04-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yep. You need wheels with that offset, and then that same amount of lowering, and tires that are the same width, and then you can do the fine adjustment with a camber kit if you really need. The answer to your question is that you need different wheels.

Seriously though, you should be getting rid of some of that camber, not adding it, because all that's doing is eating tires. It looks like shit.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

maurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Yep. You need wheels with that offset, and then that same amount of lowering, and tires that are the same width, and then you can do the fine adjustment with a camber kit if you really need. The answer to your question is that you need different wheels.

Seriously though, you should be getting rid of some of that camber, not adding it, because all that's doing is eating tires. It looks like shit.
i'm not trying to get it exactly like his i just don't want the wheels to be out so much
Old 04-15-2010, 07:49 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

roll the hell out your rear quarters until they nearly rip

get different wheels with the correct offset...

buy a camber kit and crank them all the way in and ride on the inner edge of your tire

or just deal with it rubbing...

your only choices..
Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by maurice24
i'm not trying to get it exactly like his i just don't want the wheels to be out so much
You're trying to use camber to tuck a wheel which has fundamentally the wrong offset to be tucked like that. If your car isn't lowered, and you slam the shit out of it, that will add a lot of camber anyway. But it will also perform like shit.

You're trying to do the equivalent of smashing an exhaust header flat so an engine swap will fit, instead of buying the right exhaust header. Sure, your way might fit, but now you've completely trashed the engine performance.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-15-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

thats what i don't want it to do is to rub the fender
Old 04-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You're trying to use camber to tuck a wheel which has fundamentally the wrong offset to be tucked like that. If your car isn't lowered, and you slam the shit out of it, that will add a lot of camber anyway. But it will also perform like shit.

o i understand what your sayin
i have a hard time getting out my drive way already
Old 04-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

i'm not driving the car as of now because of the quaility with the ride with thoses wheels on there because the wheels hit the fender,so i'm trying to figure out what i can do to make the fender not be touched
i know i'm going to have to switch wheels in the long run but i'm just trying to make it driveable when driving on the highway and stuff
Old 04-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Racetracks

Don't even spend any time trying to fix it, just get some different wheels. If you spend any time with as much camber as you need to make them work, you'll just have to buy new tires in a few thousand miles anyway. So then you'll have to buy new tires and new wheels, and also have to sell the wheels you have with completely worn tires instead of usable tires.

If you look at the red Integra, you'll see that the tire actually clears the fender over the whole range of suspension travel, which means that the offset works.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-15-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Wheel Help