Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Wheel Fitment Question... Glorious Driven Answer my Call!??!!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default Wheel Fitment Question... Glorious Driven Answer my Call!??!!

Ok I have a 96 Skyline GTS25T Spec 2 (didnt even know that existed till I bought one)

I currently have 16inch R32 GT-R wheels on it with all season tires required to pass Base inspection here in Germany.
I'm looking for another set for the track. I want to be able to run 17 or 18s and a good width 8-10 inches wide without rubbing or having to modify the car in any way.

Usually I would use Tire Rack or like I did with the Mustang, American Muscle but this is entirely new to me and nobody seems to know what will and wont fit.

On the Skyline forum people are either running stock or going fucking huge and rolling their fenders and shit. So can anyone help me find out a safe size and offset I can run?

Currently Im looking at Enkie RPF1s in the following sizes

18x 8 35mm
18x 8.5 30mm
17x 9 35mm or 22mm
17x 8.5 30mm

as this is what is avail on tire rack

From what I can find though stock is 17x 9 30mm but not 100%

I dont want to run staggered either, same all around is good by me.

Last edited by Will Sol; 07-25-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Wheel Fitment Question... Glorious Driven Answer my Call!??!!

You can calculate the offset on the stock ones, with a straight edge and a metric ruler. The offset is from wheel centerline, so measure the wheel width from edge to edge and then measure from the wheel edge to the hub flange, then subtract. Done.

Then you can do more math to see what will fit without rubbing.

The straight edge is to bridge across the wheel to measure to the hub mating flange btw..

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-25-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Willtheyfit.com
Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Without knowing what tire size you're running now it's kind of hard to look it up. But if you're running a 225/45 or something close with 16x8 +30 the 17x9 +22 will poke about 20.7mm more. So without seeing the car in person I don't really know if you have that much room.

But if you did go with the 17x9 you'd only need a light roll more than likely. Plus they'll be better for the track.

Last edited by Dough_Boy.; 07-25-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

http://www.rimtuck.com/search/thumbn...arto=98&sort=1
Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Stock R32 GTR sizing is 16X8 +30.

Stock R33 GTR sizing is 17X9 +30...I figured I'd mention that in case you can find some cheaply. If you can find them cheaply buy as many as possible because they're like 1k a set here and you can sell them very easily.

This is a 17X9 +20 with 235/45:

Fenders are def rolled and he said he's running -2 camber all around.

This is 18X9.5 +30 with 245/40s with rolled fenders:

Based on those, I'd say you could run a 17X9 +35 without any issues. That'll give you the same inner clearance as those 9.5 +30s and 15mm more outer clearance as those 17X9 +20s. They may scrub a little depending on what sized tires you're going to run but worst case get a heat gun and a rubber mallet and tap the fender lip up just a little bit, you definitely will not need a full roll to run the 9 +35s.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Registered member

So looking at those pics and data..
If I run a 17x 8.5 with 235/40 all around and 30 mm offset I shouldnt have to roll the fenders?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Registered member

by the way everyones input is awesome. Skyline owners for some reason dont seem to know this stuff... just seems a lot of fanboys who dont care about doing whatever it takes to fit the rims on. I just want good track wheels
Old 07-25-2013, 01:01 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Yeah you should be fine with the 8.5 +30s and 235/40s. They'll fit almost the same as the 9 +35s, just give you 1mm more room to work with.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Registered member

So would it be better to go with the 18X8s at 35mm? Im such a visual person I would love to be able to try these on in person and be like yes or no.

Quick Reply: Wheel Fitment Question... Glorious Driven Answer my Call!??!!