Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wheel alignment

Old 03-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default wheel alignment

Hey guys, My car needs an alignment asap. its a 2002 kia rio. I took it to the shop VW does it for 49$. They recommended I get the left outer tie rod ,the right front wheel bearing, and both rear wheel bearings replaced before I do the alignment.

I would like to know will this really make a difference or are they trying to get more of my $$??

Also is it easy to replace the outer tie rod or PITA?

And would it be easier to replace wheel hub ?
Anyone do any of this work before on a kia rio ? I have no experience with kias.

help me guys !

Last edited by twinturbomeow; 03-07-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: wheel alignment

Am I the only person who doesn't feel comfortable putting eBay parts of unknown origin on my car?

Tie rod replacement is usually pretty easy. You'll have to seperate the ball joint from the knuckle and then unthread the tie rod from the steering rod.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Am I the only person who doesn't feel comfortable putting eBay parts of unknown origin on my car?

Tie rod replacement is usually pretty easy. You'll have to seperate the ball joint from the knuckle and then unthread the tie rod from the steering rod.
Yes trust me for a car i like to beat on ofcourse i dont go cheap, but for a kia cheap is the only answer LMAO this is a dd
Old 03-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

At least see what RockAuto or someone like that has, then you can get cheap but know what you're getting and who you're dealing with.