Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

What motor mount for B20B in 90 CRX SI???

Old 05-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute
What motor mount for B20B in 90 CRX SI???

i just swaped in a b20b in my 90 crx si and the damn motor hits the cross member on the front two corners of the engine on the sides now as you all know there is no front mount because its a B series swap into an EF so only the aftermarket side motor mounts i had on my b16 and what looks like a stock back mount my understanding of the situation is that the stock shitty rear mount with all that torque on it is letting the motor flex to much and i just need a new rear mount... am i correct or do i actually need to change out the crossmember for a traction bar or different crossmember?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:10 AM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What motor mount for B20B in 90 CRX SI???

when you swapped it out did you put a b series mount for the ef in the back bracket. i know when you buy a swap kit it comes with a new mount for the cross member on the back of the engine compartment. i have a spare one if need.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

TooGz88 has disabled reputation

You dont need to change your front cross member unles you put 4-1 headers (they wont fit)
Old 05-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

i have a dc sport 4-2-1 header...? thats not it right cause the slaming is pretty serious shakes whole car.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Registered Member

parsons_04 is an unknown quantity at this point

just put a new mount like the one that im going to send you in and if you would like put an engine dampener on it. you know what that is. its basically like a shock for your engine. doesnt let the motor jerk.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

DONE CLOSE THREAD PLEASE