Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

What Fuel management system to use ???

Old 09-01-2003, 01:43 PM
BOXIN YOU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Fuel management system to use ???

I have 95 prelude vtec and am planning on going turbo, i have most of everything now, but I need to know what I need fuel fuel management because I am getting dsm 450's with a resistor box, and I heard that they wont work withouth some management stuff..so what should I use, also, do I need a fuel pumpo for my applications if going turbo, i am not expecting to run more than 5 psi until i do head work....please help...
Old 09-01-2003, 04:11 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

If u do not have an APEXi VAFC or SAFC, you might as well go ahead get a Hondata. If you have an AFC, do the AFC "hack". I'll show you how to set-it up. Hondata requires a minimum of 440cc's. It comes in many program, choose what you want: www.hondata.com. But if you have the money, I say get the AEM EMS. It is expensive but should be worth the money. Another option is the GReddy E-manage, Accel DFi, Motec, etc.... Go see the peeps at Millineum. They'll guide you to want you want. Be ready to drop some cash on any management system...except the FMU way out......
Old 09-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

fuck thats shit... electromtive or motec( haltech is ?able).... there alot of good ones out there and also ones that look good just be carefull when looking... average setup for electromove starts at 2100 bucks... and 250 added get wideband/narrowband ine one o2 sensor very nice o2 sensor by the way...BOSCH
Old 09-01-2003, 06:19 PM
BOXIN YOU

It look like I would rather just go with the vafc becuz i heard its quality, only cuz they are so much cheaper than that 2100 dollar stuff, with 2100 dollars, i could have the vafc, plus my whole turbo kit done and everything, so i think that looks best...would it be possible to not have a air fuel controller and still run the dsm 450's, I do have a fpr....
Old 09-01-2003, 07:11 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

Maybe if you turn your fp WAY down you'd be able to compensate for the larger injectors. I'd say it's a slim chance of that working. You should just get a vafc anyway if you plan on tuning it semi decent.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:48 PM
BOXIN YOU

thanks man
Old 09-01-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation

Do you just want fuel management or do you want more? Anything over an afc is overkill for just fuel management.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:58 PM
BOXIN YOU

i want cheap, just somethin that will give my engine enough fuel so i dont blow something when running boost...so yea, all i want is fuel management....do you have any other ideas?? or is the vafc still the thing to go with?
Old 09-02-2003, 05:29 AM
Registered Member

kenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the rough

I am running the AFC Hack for six months. car ran really good on 10-11 psi. Then motor went bye -bye( other issues ,not Hack) The only problem with the Hack is the it tends to advance the ignition timimg in the higher rpm's. But you compensate for that with the fuel the 450 's provide. Just retard the igtniton a few degrees . i also advise a upgraded fuel pump.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:24 AM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kenbdSi
I am running the AFC Hack for six months. car ran really good on 10-11 psi. Then motor went bye -bye( other issues ,not Hack) The only problem with the Hack is the it tends to advance the ignition timimg in the higher rpm's. But you compensate for that with the fuel the 450 's provide. Just retard the igtniton a few degrees . i also advise a upgraded fuel pump.
I was under the impression that the afc could not control ignitition timing?

Quick Reply: What Fuel management system to use ???