Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

what are the best pistons to use

Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts
Default what are the best pistons to use

i am goin to be building a single cam on boost i was wondering what piston are pretty good summin i dont have to bore the block out i am keeping it the stock bore.

another thing is what is the stock bore size in a d16z6?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what are the best pistons to use

1) 75 mm is the stock bore

2) the best pistons... well iirc (i could be wrong) there are only two that you can get (as far as forged), arias or srps. however (if you want to buget it), there is always vitaras and if you get the coated version, they have been shown to make 400+ whp.

http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?p=327720#327720
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1909414&page=1

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 05-09-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
hype-r

Boost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond repute

look around...arias, wiseco, etc. There's all sorts of different pistons. Get some, but don't go all low on the comp like 8 or 9:1, get like 10:1, maybe 10.5. Make more power with a little less boost.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:03 PM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boost609
look around...arias, wiseco, etc. There's all sorts of different pistons. Get some, but don't go all low on the comp like 8 or 9:1, get like 10:1, maybe 10.5. Make more power with a little less boost.
you don't even like boost.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts

im not trying to make alot of power summin just to play around with i dont want it to blow up.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

more power on less boost with high CR?? well. yeah you could say that kinda....But I was proved wrong by somone els with dyno results showing tthat 10:1 on 10psi only made 4-5whp over 9:1.... But the lowre CR could make more power on more boost safer thanthe 10:1 on a lower boost....so....id go low CR period..not high cr and boost. 9:1 is what im using arias forged, and eagle h beam rods. but if you want just fun power.... Id get some SRM h beam rods good for 650hp, and only $225. and Vitara Pistons... ive seen 400whp civics with those pistons...and i hear they have nice thick ring lands.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:22 PM
hype-r

Boost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CivicGsr94EG8
more power on less boost with high CR?? well. yeah you could say that kinda....But I was proved wrong by somone els with dyno results showing tthat 10:1 on 10psi only made 4-5whp over 9:1.... But the lowre CR could make more power on more boost safer thanthe 10:1 on a lower boost....so....id go low CR period..not high cr and boost. 9:1 is what im using arias forged, and eagle h beam rods. but if you want just fun power.... Id get some SRM h beam rods good for 650hp, and only $225. and Vitara Pistons... ive seen 400whp civics with those pistons...and i hear they have nice thick ring lands.
That's why people are stupid...The point of a "forged" piston, is it's ability to handle the extremities of boost/nitrous. So when you're going that route, there's no need to drop compression that low. Look at some of the SFWD cars, they're running over 11:1 c/r. My point is...bump up the c/r and run an easy 12-15 psi on the daily, and still be able to run 20+ at the track.
I'd also like to see these "dyno results". An entire point in compression increase will definately gain more than 5hp.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:30 PM
EG Ferio Squad

Fonzzy has disabled reputation

Go to too turbod16.com and pm fjt, he can hook u up with some vitaras that have been used in many 400+hp setups. For a very good price.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

75.5mm vitaras
Old 05-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

thanks for the help guys

Quick Reply: what are the best pistons to use