Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

What basic mods can I do to a b20

Old 05-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeggyTrav93 has disabled reputation
Default What basic mods can I do to a b20

Okay so I have a 92 teg that I am thinking of putting a b20 in. The low compression one because it's a hundred dollars cheaper and I figure I can use that hundred for more parts. What mods can I do and see the most horsepower/torque gains. For the least amount of money. Also thinking of an ls tranny or GSR tranny. Please give feedback. Also no shit talkers. You will be reported.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:55 PM
POS 240

slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls
Default Re: What basic mods can I do to a b20

Originally Posted by TeggyTrav93
Okay so I have a 92 teg that I am thinking of putting a b20 in. The low compression one because it's a hundred dollars cheaper and I figure I can use that hundred for more parts. What mods can I do and see the most horsepower/torque gains. For the least amount of money. Also thinking of an ls tranny or GSR tranny. Please give feedback. Also no shit talkers. You will be reported.
oh. em. gee.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Team Dickbutt #13!!!

bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613

Save your money and buy something better, than a 20 year old car...

That
Old 05-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The best thing you can do is raise the compression. Seriously. Increase the volumetric efficiency by raising the compression and getting some better flowing cams.

And get a different intake manifold. The head itself could really use some help (it's pretty poor), but it's pretty much the same as an LS head so the best you can do is to get some cams to help out flow a little bit.

Really though, that's a horrible starting point if you're looking for power.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:16 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

blast it with piss

then kill it with fire.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Also no shit talkers. You will be reported.
Why, so a mod can come shit on you too?

B20vtec or you`re a pussy.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Peepee

Poopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these parts

High comp b20 with a b16 transmission. You'll have a decent amount of fun with that setup, especially if you daily the vehicle. Don't opt for the low comp, it's a waste of time.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:37 PM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

So, you are going to get the low comp one because it's a $100 cheaper? How about don't swap your car and use the money for something you actually need, because by the way it seems, money is not a thing you have a lot of.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:44 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

Ahahahahhahaha he threatens us with being reported... Apparently he knows not of vadriven because he's a new fag.... Best option is to slam it into a median and get a real car.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

SHIT SHIT SHIT

Why not get a better platform? If you are SO worried about $100, then you shouldn't be worried about mods, and the future line up of eBay parts you are going to bolt on to the shit box.

You sound like the type of person that goes to the bar to drink, but can't tip the bartender. If you don't have the money to play, keep it at home. If you are worried about $100 for an engine, you can't afford to mod it.

Quick Reply: What basic mods can I do to a b20