Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Welp... this sucks

Old 06-08-2010, 04:57 PM
gone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lim_fc3vert lim_fc3vert lim_fc3vert lim_fc3vert lim_fc3vert
Default Welp... this sucks

I guess my shifter was a little to sloppy and now the trans is stuck in reverse. I will be tearing out the trans tomarrow and do a full tear down. Maybe some pictures, Its a 91 rx7 N/A i believe the shift rod is stuck inbetween reverse-5th and 3rd-4th shift fork rods... I didnt hear a huge clunk,and the trans isnt making any noise going down the road before the screw up.. just grinds in 2nd-3rd if i shift too quick and the sloppy shifter is the only issues ive had with it. Just pulled up to the crib, placed into reverse and it wouldnt come out. I would ask for a hand but on a weekday and out in NC i doubt anyone would

Last edited by lim_fc3vert; 06-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Welp... this sucks

pull the shifter out of the transmission. I am willing to bet the little plastic ball on the end of the shifter has pushed through and isnt making contact with the shift fork any more. check that before you change your tranny, it may be easier than you think.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
gone

Forgot to mention i did all that lol, Whats weird is the shifter itself has its own housing and own fluid. The Plastic ball socket was chewed up and i have a new one ready to go before it did this mess i just waited a little too long FML. Trust me i tried everything short of dropping the trans so its a done deal, just gonna toss it in my shop and get cracking on it. Im gonna see how quick i can get it out lol.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

which transmission is it?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 PM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

Sucks! I am a fellow fc owner btw. Take pics
Old 06-09-2010, 06:40 AM
gone

Originally Posted by Donkey Punch
which transmission is it?
N/A 5spd
Old 06-10-2010, 07:51 AM
gone

Well i fixed the trans, i just have to put in back in and toss some fluid in... sounds easy but it sucks doing it yourself when its hot as piss outside lol
Old 06-10-2010, 05:30 PM
gone

I dunno if anyone is still following this thread... oh well. Anyway i put it all back together with a small fuck up with the exhaust manifold stud (stripped it) and now i have a bad exhaust leak again... I fixed it the day before so FML. So im in the market for a whole new exhaust system i done dickin with the stock crap... I also made a couple of gay video's and some pictures of my shop setup just have to edit/upload them.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

jaila04 has a reputation beyond reputejaila04 has a reputation beyond reputejaila04 has a reputation beyond reputejaila04 has a reputation beyond reputejaila04 has a reputation beyond reputejaila04 has a reputation beyond reputejaila04 has a reputation beyond reputejaila04 has a reputation beyond reputejaila04 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh jus to tell u my experience u might wanna check ur slave cultch too if ur having problems wid shifting n griding gears. Make sure u got fluid on da shifter. I would suggest is to bleed ur clutch n see if any difference would make.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:25 AM
gone

I did that when i first got the car and adjusted the clutch. Also put fresh fluid in the shifter box, i have a nice parts washer and cleaned everything i could and degreased/painted the transmission lol. I think the issue i have now is getting into 3rd-4th, the bottom of the shifter where that nylon bushing slides around on isnt flat and i think its poping left to right and the center has an high spot since the shift rod pokes through right there. so im going to stick a skinny washer in there so its free to go side to side without catching.... phew if that makes any sense lol