VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Washer nozzles not spraying? (95 Civic EX) (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/washer-nozzles-not-spraying-95-civic-ex-294673/)

Arm 06-02-2009 08:02 AM

Washer nozzles not spraying? (95 Civic EX)

Hey guys,

It's not my car and I've never touched anything mechanical on a Honda in my life. My old roommates car won't spray washer fluid. She said she put fluid in it and tried replacing fuses and stuff but she doesnt know what else to check and I'm just trying to help her out by posting on here. Can someone give her some steps to try or things to check? thanks.:)

B-Well 06-02-2009 08:13 AM

Re: Washer nozzles not spraying? (95 Civic EX)

Originally Posted by Arm (Post 5327039)
Hey guys,

It's not my car and I've never touched anything mechanical on a Honda in my life. My old roommates car won't spray washer fluid. She said she put fluid in it and tried replacing fuses and stuff but she doesnt know what else to check and I'm just trying to help her out by posting on here. Can someone give her some steps to try or things to check? thanks.:)

fluid resivoir is behind/the drivers side headlight

There is a pump on the resivoir and a hose running from it.

you reach in from the top or bottom and hold the resivoir and she pulls the sprayer.

If you feel vibrations there is a clog in a line, if not check to see that the motor is getting power by hooking a test lead to the plug and having lady pull the sprayer again. If there is power replace motor, if not.....

check fuses and relays.

Where are you located?

Arm 06-02-2009 10:49 AM

Thanks for the help, I'll let her know. She is located in Glen Allen.

B-Well 06-02-2009 10:56 AM

What year is the vehicle?

Arm 06-02-2009 11:06 AM

it's a 95 civic ex

ethan82000 06-02-2009 11:10 AM

make sure the nozzles arent clogged up with wax or other debris

Arm 06-02-2009 11:24 AM

Will do thanks

B-Well 06-02-2009 12:24 PM

i have a resivoir and motor if yours is bad. free if you pick up

Arm 06-02-2009 12:57 PM

Ok, I'll pass that information on to her. Can you PM me your contact information?

Fabrik8 06-02-2009 03:32 PM

Make sure the hoses are intact. If one of the hoses is cracked or not attached then you'll have wiper fluid going... somewhere else.

The first thing to do is listen if the pump is running when the switch is pressed. This is the most simple electrical device on the entire car, so it's usually easy to track down.