Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

want SRT-4 opinions

Old 01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dustin Hastings has disabled reputation
Default want SRT-4 opinions

I'm thinking about getting a '04 or '05 SRT-4, and i just wanted to know opinions from people that HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE CAR no bullshit rants or opinions from people who dont know anything about it please. I want to know common problems, favorite features, pro's, con's, what type of miles you can get out tof them reliably, what ever you got. thank you
Old 01-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Dustin Hastings has disabled reputation
Default Re: want SRT-4 opinions

babump
Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: want SRT-4 opinions

Solid car. Relatively trouble free. 04 is recommended because the stock computer is not as objectionable to modifications. IF you have a problem, it will likely be a trans problem, or a minor sensor issue. Great support from the group of people who own them.

It's a bit of a heavy car though. They weigh in around 2950 with any options, minus driver. Aside from that, they develop more torque than horsepower, handle relatively well, and are a lot of fun to drive. They can get a little tail-happy under braking if you're cornering. Or, if you suddenly jump off the throttle in a corner. If you know to expect it, it's fairly easy to handle. Stock ride is good. Noise can be a bit harsh sometimes. The exhaust drones, and it's annoying on long trips.

My opinion, it's one of the nicer cars I've ever owned or driven, and it's a lot of fun. Can be modded relatively inexpensively, and performance #'s with minimal mods and slicks can be 12's. Bigger turbo, slicks, and some practice, and you'll likely see 11's.

Any other questions?