Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Want more power on D15

Old 03-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CJ0920 has disabled reputation
Default Want more power on D15

My girlfriend got a 93 civic dx w/a stock motor D15 and it's auto. Looking to get some more power out of it. Not looking to spend alot either. Any ideas? Turbo? Mini Me? What kinda setup w/out swapping the motor out? I have a Dry Zex Kit but not sure if it would be able to hold a 50 shot? But I'm mostly just looking to have power instead of sitting there w/the motor screaming and not really going anywhere lol. Makes me miss my gsr more and more. Any help would be great, thanks.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: Want more power on D15

Honestly, just drive the thing and leave it the fuck alone. Anything you do to it except fully building it all motor or boosting it and it's still going to be a turd. Sorry, but it is only ~105hp man. Just enjoy the good gas mileage while it lasts.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Banned

zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know, i have a D15 with intake and fart can, but it sure beats the fuck outa integras with full exhaust and headers n shit. but trying to make an automatic civic fast is like having sex with cheese, you want to do it, but its all sticky and you wish you never did it in the end.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:11 PM
to poor to be patron

lookattheAC has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by zimzorga
i dont know, i have a D15 with intake and fart can, but it sure beats the fuck outa integras with full exhaust and headers n shit. but trying to make an automatic civic fast is like having sex with cheese, you want to do it, but its all sticky and you wish you never did it in the end.

................... i would like to see this
Old 03-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Boost is Better

sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx

lol i agree with the cheese phrase honestly

and 105 is being REALLY nice

auto non vtec d15 more around 80ish to the wheels maybe 99 to the crank
Old 03-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

teaspoonhonda has disabled reputation

with the automatic transmission your going to have to put more into your motor simply to keep up with a five speed version. you should really think about making it five speed, not only will it be better on gas, but it will feel like you have more power, besides driving a 5spd is always more fun.
ive got a 1.5L sohc nonvtec turd as well. i put an aem cold air intake, boared out the throttle body with a dremmle tool as well as useing it to pollish up the inside of the intake manifold, the head and the pistons too.(DONT HIT THE CYLD WALLS!!!!!) completely remove all carbon so its shinny and free from restriction. i have a header, downpipe, full catback exaust, high output ignition coil, 500+ race wires, iridium plugs....
...I think thats all thats done to my car...
with all that done i can say that it really gave it alot more power, but dont get your hopes up when you get crushed by a B-series swapped car.
the only reason why i did these mods to my car is because i wanted to have a little better acceleration when merging into traffic and to have a little more power under the hood for those rainy days when you feel like spinning the tires on the wet pavement.
Now for all of you out there that are going to try to bash me for upgrading my little D15 NON-Vtec, i just thought i would let you all know that its just for the time being..... i have and am currently building an LS for my civic. im doing it right and im taking my time.
well all in all, just have fun modifing your ride because no matter what the next guy may say to you, or how someone may say they are faster than you.....THEY JUST HAVENT COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT IS THAT MUCH FASTER THAN THEY ARE!!! )
well hey if you need help with anything man let me know ive got a SHIT LOAD of D-series parts and ill help ya out, just let me know,
TAKE IT EASY, Danny
Old 03-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

i dont know, i have a D15 with intake and fart can, but it sure beats the fuck outa integras with full exhaust and headers n shit.
Yeah ok.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:53 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

i dont know, i have a D15 with intake and fart can, but it sure beats the fuck outa integras with full exhaust and headers n shit....
That is almost worth a signature quote........
Old 03-04-2006, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

CJ0920 has disabled reputation

i dont know, i have a D15 with intake and fart can, but it sure beats the fuck outa integras with full exhaust and headers n shit.
Originally Posted by sk8rmike
Just enjoy the good gas mileage while it lasts.
What! My GSR w/93 pump gas would get 32+ mpg while my STOCK D15 barly gets 26mpg w/89 pump gas! My GSR w/headers, exhaust,intake, jg edlebrock intake manifold, shaved,ported,polished,valve job head definately beats the fuck out of my D15 any day of the week! Even if i give the D15 8 cars I could still beat it, no questions asked!
Old 03-04-2006, 06:03 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by CJ0920
What! My GSR w/93 pump gas would get 32+ mpg while my STOCK D15 barly gets 26mpg w/89 pump gas! My GSR w/headers, exhaust,intake, jg edlebrock intake manifold, shaved,ported,polished,valve job head definately beats the fuck out of my D15 any day of the week! Even if i give the D15 8 cars I could still beat it, no questions asked!
If your stock d15 only gets 26mpg, you need to learn how to do a proper tune-up.

Quick Reply: Want more power on D15