Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Wanna go lower

Old 08-13-2003, 09:15 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx
Default Wanna go lower

I have too much gap between my tire and my fender....i have the eiback prokit 1.5 drop...but i have 4 busted struts....and im sittin on 17's...if i put the new struts in will it lower it a good amount? or is there anything else i can do
Old 08-13-2003, 09:51 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Remember, prokits are designed more for performance than looks, therefor the drop isn't intended to be that dramatic.

Also, putting in new struts will probably cause your car to sit a little higher then it is now, because they'll actually be working, as opposed to letting the strut compress as on a blown strut.

So, if you want to reduce the gap, go get some springs that are designed to drop your car lower.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:54 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

but since being blown the car looks as if it has jacked up, do you think the sportlines by eibach would do the trick?
Old 08-13-2003, 10:19 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

sportlines will drop a car lower than prokits.

if it's just the lowered look you're going for, you should check around for other spring manufacturers for your car and see what the rated drop is.

btw, you shouldn't use stock struts with lowering springs unless you like having them blown over and over again.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Get some Koni Yellows. They have 5 perch heights, you can play with the height with those.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Hawker Driver

Mach30SiR is an unknown quantity at this point

H&R race..... you'll be low
Old 08-14-2003, 09:36 AM
//

theJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these parts

Get those tein springs, nice drop w/ nice handling.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:45 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

I'm getting ready to lower my 4th Gen EX...what struts should I get if I want to go down 1.5"?
Old 08-14-2003, 10:15 AM

1evilS10 is an unknown quantity at this point

just heat up the spring that will make it drop some
Old 08-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

One word....coilovers. Also, get some aftermarket shocks, OEM shocks aren't meant to handle stiffer spring rates which is why they don't last long after you drop the car.

Quick Reply: Wanna go lower