Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Any Air ride experts?

Old 01-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Audi Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz
Default Any Air ride experts?

I think 1 of my bags has a leak or something. In the morning it is 20psi more deflated than the rest, but when I am driving around holds air fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Too Old To Care

smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave
Default Re: Any Air ride experts?

It more than likely is a fitting. Check them with soapy water solution. Also make sure that the fittings used are DOT spec. Cheap ones are not. It may also be a leveling valve or bag, spray the solution on the suspension a corner at a time to eliminate each one. Do you have a separate gauge for front and rear or at each corner? This will make it easier to troubleshoot.
Regards
Dave
Old 01-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Thanks for the reply, yes I have a separate gauge for each wheel. Will try the soapy water method when it isn't so cold outside, so maybe April. Haha!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:36 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Might be a bag pinhole leak, but if the bags are fairly new its most likely a fitting or solenoid seal leak. It usually takes a long time for bags to get old enough for age-related cracks to become a problem.

Always check the easy things first.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:29 AM
The VW guy

AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick

How old are the solenoids? Where are they located at? Manual or electric solenoids? I went with manual after fire issues with the electric ones. The electric ones can get dirty easy and will stick. Definitely check for small pin holes in the air line and bags. The seal around the fittings could be going bad. If i were you I would just go ahead and run new air line and fittings with teflon tape or the teflon goo. That is if it is in your budget since I know you bought the Audi with the air ride already installed.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Audi Fan

Yeh man, I have no idea about the manual or electronic solenoids, I know its the AccuAir kit with the remote, but NOT the e level one.

Still haven't had a chance to check for the leak, but did talk to a buddy who is pretty savvy on air rides, who thought it might be the connection from the line to the bag as it only started happening in the cold weather.

Are you in the 757?
Old 01-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

Is your buddy in the 757? I'd love to pick someone's brain over the best air approach for the 65 tbird

I think my mom's Lincoln is having a similar issue where if left for a few days she gets that super duper low-rider effect on a corner but it's fine just driving around.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:28 PM
Audi Fan

Originally Posted by Priestiality
Is your buddy in the 757? I'd love to pick someone's brain over the best air approach for the 65 tbird

I think my mom's Lincoln is having a similar issue where if left for a few days she gets that super duper low-rider effect on a corner but it's fine just driving around.
He lives on my street and has two bagged C10 Chevys as well as a bagged Toyota truck. Does all the work himself.