Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Vtec will not kick in

Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rokmarines has disabled reputation
Default Vtec will not kick in

Ok here's the problem I have a 2001 integra gsr and the car runs fine but doesn't hit vtecand I know vtec runs off of oil pressure and I did a fresh oil change I changed out the vtec solenoid and put a used one on the their I changed my battery and unpluged the ecu and plugged it back on and still no vtec and once in a blue moon the vtec comes on and off but most of the time it's not kickin in???any sugestions or anything??someone help me please
Old 12-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n
Default Re: Vtec will not kick in

Double check your oil again. My friends GSR was doing this andi checked he was short like 3 quarts of oil
Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 AM
ಠ____ಠ

onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr

+1 on checking the oil. no check engine lights?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:05 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

sounds like a wiring issue, check the wiring to the vtec solenoid, sometimes it will come loose if it is bumped and work on and off...i had the same issue in my hatch
Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

Unlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond repute

How many miles do you have on the engine?

If the solenoid is working properly, and you don't have vtec then you have either an oil pressure issue, or a severe engine wear issue. Not saying that there is a lack of oil pressure in your engine, but possibly just your head.

There is an oil pressure service port on the front of the head, check the pressure from that point. Then check the pressure from your sending unit port. If the pressure is lower in your head than it is in your bottom end by more than a few psi, you either have a leak somewhere in your head (past the O-ring in the center cam cap is most likely) or you have a restricted pressure port to the head. Another thing could be a restricted oil filter. (Fram is the worst, WIX is great)
Old 12-03-2009, 03:43 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Unlimited Auto
How many miles do you have on the engine?

If the solenoid is working properly, and you don't have vtec then you have either an oil pressure issue, or a severe engine wear issue. Not saying that there is a lack of oil pressure in your engine, but possibly just your head.

There is an oil pressure service port on the front of the head, check the pressure from that point. Then check the pressure from your sending unit port. If the pressure is lower in your head than it is in your bottom end by more than a few psi, you either have a leak somewhere in your head (past the O-ring in the center cam cap is most likely) or you have a restricted pressure port to the head. Another thing could be a restricted oil filter. (Fram is the worst, WIX is great)
and make sure you use the oil filter for what ever motor you have, IE 93 GS-R get it for a 93 gsr.....using a filter from a different model like an rsx will cause restrictions
Old 12-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

im gonna go with oil as i dont think you got a hold of the wiring for it to be "rigged up"
Old 12-03-2009, 07:24 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

apparently the search button isn't kicking in either. . .
Old 12-03-2009, 07:37 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
apparently the search button isn't kicking in either. . .
when users sign up now the search button goes away and google crashes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by B-Well
when users sign up now the search button goes away and google crashes
hes been here since 05....hes a fst

Quick Reply: Vtec will not kick in