Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

vtec in a 89 crx DX

Old 03-02-2005, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nvrstock has a reputation beyond reputenvrstock has a reputation beyond reputenvrstock has a reputation beyond reputenvrstock has a reputation beyond reputenvrstock has a reputation beyond reputenvrstock has a reputation beyond reputenvrstock has a reputation beyond reputenvrstock has a reputation beyond reputenvrstock has a reputation beyond repute
Default vtec in a 89 crx DX

my friend has a CRX DX and he wants to add a vtec head. Someone is telling him that it is really easy and there is only 1 or 2 wires that will need to be run. I don't know alot about hondas so i dont know if i tis true or not. what all is involved with adding vtec to that car. He wants to get a b16b (i think thats the motor) and turbo it. I do all my work to my nissans and i want to help him but i need to know how much and what kind of work this would be.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:02 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: vtec in a 89 crx DX

He obviously has no clue, in which case he needs to take it to a shop, before he fucks something up. It's not hard, if you have at least SOME technical knowledge, which it seems he doesnt.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

evil civic has disabled reputation

he needs to buy my swap in my sig...tranny won't work but i can find a cable tranny somewhere...it's everything he needs exept the OBD 0 - OBD1 wiring conversion...you can pick one up on honda-tech from several people...motor is very strong...rated at 140hp...has a very aggresive cam...have everything he would need exept wiring harness, axels and tranny...but i can prolly find them...mention the swap to your buddy and get back with me...thx
Old 03-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

yea...vtech is GReat

boost a d15, b4 you boost the b16....
Old 03-02-2005, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

evil civic has disabled reputation

even more reason to buy my swap
Old 03-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I have converted 88-91 Civic/CRX Si ECUs with vtec out, then you'll only have to do whatever wiring changes are required to make the car the same as an Si. Go here for more info on the ECU.