Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Vr6. Golf

Old 07-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthonydaman has disabled reputation
Default Vr6. Golf

I have a vr6 2.8 but I can't find we're this connector goes any idea [ATTACH=CONFIG]168088[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Vr6. Golf-img_20130704_181139.jpg  
Old 07-04-2013, 08:26 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Vr6. Golf

So
Much
Information
Old 07-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Registered member

Sorry it's connected to the main wire harness I don't know anything about a vr6 only owned it for less than a day
Old 07-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Its on a short cable, so you know that whatever it plugs into has to be within a short distance of that, or is missing from the engine entirely. Obvious, I know.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Registered member

Yea its a short wire 3 prung and i looked everywere the guy i bought the car from said that every wire in that car has a place to go but the person who redid the clutch unhooked it and he couldnt find it either UGH lol But the problems are i try to start the car and it wants to start but doesnt i dont hear a fuel pump so i tested the relay the fuse and the pump i hard wired the pump to my battery to make sure the pump was working and i got 50 psi gas pressure which was good. People with vw said if 1 sensor is unplugged the car wont start so now im here scratching my head
Old 07-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's most likely a sensor or solenoid connector because it's a 3 pin connector. It might be helpful to look up the wire color codes if you have a factory manual or something with schematics. I'm guessing it's something like a coolant temp sensor.

It's not the cam angle sensor, I can see that plug in the picture.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered member

yea this is my first vw period im a honda guy lol. Thats what we thought it was at first the cam sensor but like you said thats already hooked up. Might be down below going to half to jack it up and look under the car. Weird note is that i hook a obd2 reader up and it says error which means its not getting the power source from the ecu so not sure
Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Registered member

Do you think that sensor would cause the car not to run?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Racetracks

I'm not a VW guy, but I'm really assuming they color code everything like all of the other brands. Look at the wire colors coming out of the connector and look it up on Google. That's probably the fastest way to get an answer, and the first thing that I would try because it's easy. There will be a main color with a stripe most likely, and that's really all you need to know. Being a 3-pin connector, there will likely be a power wire (12V or 5V depending on what type of device it actually is) and a ground (power or signal ground depending on the type of device), and a signal wire.

I'm going to take an educated guess and say that connector goes to the crank sensor, which is probably underneath the engine and probably has a short cable coming out of it (which would make up the extra length needed). That would definitely cause a no-start condition.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Racetracks

it would look something like this:

That would definitely mate with the connector you have.

Quick Reply: Vr6. Golf