Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Vortec Super Charger vs. turbo charger

Old 12-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dogg4217 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vortec Super Charger vs. turbo charger

this will be running on a b18c (gs-r for people who are clueless) if I were to pick a supercharger this would be the kit with the cooler on it because with the right mods this system can hit the 300hp mark and probably even more. My question is has anybody used this system, how good is the system, or would using a turbo charger be a better choice? Let me know your opinions.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:27 PM
CustomGSR

kaltares is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vortec Super Charger vs. turbo charger

Turbo is better!!!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Foreign kid.

asianmuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

im pretty sure it depends on what youre trying to achieve superchargers are better off the line, and turbos are better for higher speeds where it actually kicks in, so your choice is low end vs. high.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:17 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

whatever you do, go HONDATA
Old 12-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Banned

Spike101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Turbo (Full-Race)
Old 12-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by asianmuscle
im pretty sure it depends on what youre trying to achieve superchargers are better off the line, and turbos are better for higher speeds where it actually kicks in, so your choice is low end vs. high.
lol you are so misinformed.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

I second that.
turbo (full race)
Old 12-03-2005, 01:45 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
lol you are so misinformed.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Vortech setups are much different than a standard Eaton-type (like a Jackson Racing) superchanger. The Vortech setup is a centrifugal supercharger, which is basically a belt driven turbo. The same high end power with not as much lower end grunt characteristics, same as a turbo, but it's a fixed drive, not dependant on load like a turbo. The Vortech systems are nice, but there is a limit to the flexibility as far as power, etc. goes. If you're looking for ultimate power and system flexibility, you might want to lean toward a turbo. I like the Vortech setups a lot, they're easy, reliable, and make excellent power for a street car. Get the aftercooled kit though, and the higher RPM drive pulley.

They're really both highish end power systems though. I would personally go for the turbo setup, because you have a lot of flexibility in turbo choice, intercooler choice, etc. that you don't have with the Vortech kit, unless you buy just the supercharger and want to peice together your own kit. I like to have lots of choices, so turbo setups are my preference, but Vortech kits definately have their place on street and track cars too.
Tough choice.

One last thing.. The aftercooled Vortech kits are over $4k I think, which can give you a lot of bang for your buck with a turbo setup.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 12-03-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

turbo

Quick Reply: Vortec Super Charger vs. turbo charger