Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Vortec 4300. MAP AND TPS codes, but sensors test good

Old 09-02-2015, 10:24 AM
AaronDavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis
Default Re: Vortec 4300. MAP AND TPS codes, but sensors test good

Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and let it sit for a while and see if it bleeds down. I believe it should be right around 45 psi while running and when you shut it off it shouldn't bleed the pressure down much more than that. I know those "poppet" style injectors were horrible for gunking up and being stuck open. Also, what fuel pressure regulator did you get. I went through 4 GM ones on a Bravada one time before I finally got one that didn't set a check engine light.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:00 PM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: Vortec 4300. MAP AND TPS codes, but sensors test good

I got a Borg Warner fuel pressure regualor. It seemed to hold, and the car did in fact run better after the repair, just still not properly. Car might need too much (radiator, 2 window regulators, HVAC fan doesn't work on highest speed setting, driver's door lock switch doesn't work) to be worth spending too much more time on this. I messed knocked around the PCM, and it seemed to work fine for a little bit, but that could also be coincidence since it went back.