Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Viatra Pistons

Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 PM
S.N.F.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94jdmlude is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Viatra Pistons

anybody know anything good or bad about these turbo pistons from personal experience?? thanks
Old 01-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Banned

jdmteg18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Viatra Pistons

Never heard of them before. Then again i never heard of Probe pistons until i researched them and found they were more of a Domestic company (though they made sport compact pistons) that have been around for while. Could be the same scenario. If so,id personally stick with companies that deal with,or that are more for, sport compact. Thats all i know bro,lol.

But id definatly do some research on them. Some cheap piston companies use a cheap casting procedure that end up even more britle then stock cast pistons. They might look good,and feel lighter (some companies think because they are light make up for them being so cheaply made) they dont have anywhere near the strength of stock cast honda pistons. just my .02 cents and from what ive seen.

Last edited by jdmteg18; 01-14-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
S.N.F.

Thumbs up Re: Viatra Pistons

Originally Posted by jdmteg18
Never heard of them before. Then again i never heard of Probe pistons until i researched them and found they were more of a Domestic company (though they made sport compact pistons) that have been around for while. Could be the same scenario. If so,id personally stick with companies that deal with,or that are more for, sport compact. Thats all i know bro,lol.

But id definatly do some research on them. Some cheap piston companies use a cheap casting procedure that end up even more britle then stock cast pistons. They might look good,and feel lighter (some companies think because they are light make up for them being so cheaply made) they dont have anywhere near the strength of stock cast honda pistons. just my .02 cents and from what ive seen.
thanks... ive done alittle research and ive gotten alot of hear say i kinda wanted to hear something from somebody who has acctually used them!!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

jdmteg18 is an unknown quantity at this point

check honda-tech. i typed in google and seen some posts on honda-tech and some other sites of people who have used them in boosted honda apps. i didnt really read into detail,but if you want check those out if you want real accounts where people has used them.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

also check d-series.org and turbod16.com.

only one company offers them in a teflon coating, sold by "fjt" (www.fjdistributors.com) on d-sereis.org/turbod16.com/honda-tech.com. and those are the ones making "power".

iirc, max whp has been ~450

compression is somewhere between 7.7:1 - 8.8:1 depending on hg/head used.

offered in 75 and 75.5mm bores only (for the teflon coated version)

btw: they are not turbo pistons. they are stock pistons from a suzuki vitara (iirc, the piston code is g16). hence the name , which you spelled wrong.

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 01-14-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:53 AM
S.N.F.

Thumbs up Re: Viatra Pistons

Originally Posted by 99EJ6T
also check d-series.org and turbod16.com.

only one company offers them in a teflon coating, sold by "fjt" (www.fjdistributors.com) on d-sereis.org/turbod16.com/honda-tech.com. and those are the ones making "power".

iirc, max whp has been ~450

compression is somewhere between 7.7:1 - 8.8:1 depending on hg/head used.

offered in 75 and 75.5mm bores only (for the teflon coated version)

btw: they are not turbo pistons. they are stock pistons from a suzuki vitara (iirc, the piston code is g16). hence the name , which you spelled wrong.
thanks for the spelling lesson! and i really appreciate the web site it was a huge help!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Clit Commander

watisjdm watisjdm watisjdm watisjdm watisjdm watisjdm watisjdm watisjdm watisjdm watisjdm watisjdm

i say get em they are great, many people using them with eagles rods and pulling over 400 hp
Old 01-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

I have some that are getting ready to go in my spare block and i've tuned a few setups with them. They are beast pistons for sure.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

i've seen some beast numbers with those pistons.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Banned

MajorsEF will become famous soon enough

get ycp vitaras, they are beast, i have some that are also going in a block. et some good rods too

Quick Reply: Viatra Pistons