Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Valvetrain question!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bboylooby has disabled reputation
Default Valvetrain question!!!!!!

would it be a ok or bad idea if i did supertech valves with itr valvesprings and retainer on a gsr head? its going to have Ctr cams or itr cams on the head running with a gsr block, p30 pistons. lmk ASAP thanks!!!!!!!!

the reason is because i only have the intake side itr valves. the exhaust side valves are b16, thats why i was wondering if i could do supertech valves on the itr valve springs and retainer.

Last edited by bboylooby; 10-04-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:12 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah
Default Re: Valvetrain question!!!!!!

Might want to provide a little more info about the valves if you want a definitive answer from this crowd. Trying to google this, or atleast the spec differences on each part compared to the parts your replacing (lift,duration,etc.) might help too, plenty of threads on hondaswap.com about "mut-motor" combos like this.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

ctr/itr cams are fine to use with a stock valvetrain unless you are running higher than ~8200, incase you were wondering.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FObangah
Might want to provide a little more info about the valves if you want a definitive answer from this crowd. Trying to google this, or atleast the spec differences on each part compared to the parts your replacing (lift,duration,etc.) might help too, plenty of threads on hondaswap.com about "mut-motor" combos like this.
oh sorry about that. I've tried looking but just don't know what to look for lol
Originally Posted by boredom
ctr/itr cams are fine to use with a stock valvetrain unless you are running higher than ~8200, incase you were wondering.
yea planning to rev around 9k
Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Well the CTR/ITR red lines at 8400 right? To be on the safe side (since you'll be in the head anyways ) invest in better retainers. The springs should handle 9k.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

question still unanswered, bump
Old 10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I would normally get keepers from the valve company, just to make sure they're compatible dimensionally.

If you're wanting to rev to 9k RPM, I would think really hard if you're willing to risk head damage by mixing and matching parts just because they're what you happen to have laying around.

There shouldn't be any problem using the Supertech valves with the ITR springs, just get the valves for the head you're using so you have the best chance of having the right seat angle, stem diameter, etc.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-06-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:27 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I would normally get keepers from the valve company, just to make sure they're compatible dimensionally.

If you're wanting to rev to 9k RPM, I would think really hard if you're willing to risk head damage by mixing and matching parts just because they're what you happen to have laying around.
so much truth in this

OP old parts are called OLD for a reason, if you want 9k, get good quality parts that have not been beat to death for 100k and up, and don't slap something together and have high hopes... it ends in disaster
Old 10-06-2010, 06:09 PM
SPARKLEmotion

OP: Whats the obsession with hitting 9k anyway?..... if you don't mind me asking.