Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

v tec question

Old 07-26-2008, 05:27 AM
ss10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
icantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to behold
Default v tec question

ok i just got a integra ls/vtec a few weeks back and the oil pressure switch was broke so i got a new silenoid with switch put it on v tec is kicking in redlined at about 7 and a 1/2 but after i take it that far about 2 times it will redline at 6 and a 1/2 but i can shut the car off start it right back up goes back to 7 and a 1/2 my friend said its going in to limp mode does any body have a ideal whats making it do that?
Old 07-26-2008, 05:40 AM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.
Default Re: v tec question

Originally Posted by icantakeyou
ok i just got a integra ls/vtec a few weeks back and the oil pressure switch was broke so i got a new silenoid with switch put it on v tec is kicking in redlined at about 7 and a 1/2 but after i take it that far about 2 times it will redline at 6 and a 1/2 but i can shut the car off start it right back up goes back to 7 and a 1/2 my friend said its going in to limp mode does any body have a ideal whats making it do that?
omg. that just gave me a headache.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:51 AM
ss10

icantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to behold

well sorry for such bad grammer im just trying to figure out whats wrong with my car if you cant help dont even say anything
Old 07-26-2008, 06:11 AM
HNIC

Originally Posted by icantakeyou
well sorry for such bad grammer im just trying to figure out whats wrong with my car if you cant help dont even say anything
btw limp mode is around 3500rpms... Not at 7500/6500...
Old 07-26-2008, 06:36 AM
N/A

spider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond repute

are you using a stock ecu or chipped?
Old 07-26-2008, 06:56 AM
ss10

its a gsr ecu
Old 07-26-2008, 07:01 AM
HNIC

no engine lights?
Old 07-26-2008, 07:35 AM
ss10

the engine lights on checked the code lastnight said bad sensor/sensor not hooked up and my o2 sensor is not hooked up could that be it?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:45 AM
N/A

spider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond reputespider228 has a reputation beyond repute

my buddy had a problem with vtec and he didnt have an o2 sensor. we put one in and the problem went away. all you can do is try it. if you have another cel you need to solve the problems and put an o2 sensor in. the problem may go away.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

I dont think thats your problem.

My check engine light is on in my obd1 crx for o2 sensor, and i still have vtec everyday all day?

Quick Reply: v tec question