Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

USDM cluster to JDM cluster problem...

Old 08-06-2003, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tpinoy420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USDM cluster to JDM cluster problem...

My old cluster fucked up and went bad, so I purchased a 92 DX cluster from a junk yard and it seems as if the speedometer head has gone bad, i was thinking about purchasing a jdm guage cluster, but since my car does not have a rpm tach, what would i have to do to get the rpms to work on the jdm cluster?? is it just plug and play, cause thats what i keep hearing, but i wasnt sure, i would just figure there would have to be some type of wiring done to get the rpms to work on the left side and the temperature guage and the gas to work on the right side of the cluster. well if anyone can post and help on this, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:01 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Everything will work fine. Just buy the cluster and plug it in.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:01 AM

thanks. but do you think you could you explain that, i just guess im just confused on how that plug for the temperature guage would automatically be able to be plugged in and used on the rpm's. or maybe im just stupid, either one.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

why do you want your speedometer to be in KMH?
Old 08-07-2003, 01:03 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

The routing of the connections that control each function of the entire instrument cluster are run in the cluster itself. The actual wiring harness has nothing to do with the workings of the cluster. The actual cluster housing was designed to be used for the cx, dx, lx, ex, si, sir and automatics. Just trust me on the fact that it will work just fine.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:32 PM

thanks man, i appreciate the help! so i just wanted to make sure there was nothing to worry about. thanks again man.