VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Turn signal noise (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/turn-signal-noise-488855/)

Noahhawk 03-05-2015 09:09 AM

Turn signal noise

I have a 2000 honda civic si, which I recently hooked up 2 10in subs and an amp to. For some reason the next day my turn signal noise comes on randomly and then goes away and there is a red blinking light in the fuse box.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Lord Humongous 03-05-2015 01:42 PM

Re: Turn signal noise

You wired it wrong. Try again

Fabrik8 03-05-2015 05:04 PM

I can't even imagine what you could have done to make that happen, because amps are incredibly simple to wire. You need 3 wires, one of which comes straight from the battery, one of which goes straight to the chassis, and the third connects to the remote turn on from the radio. How you mess that up I don't know, because there is only one wire which can possibly be wired wrong.

I don't think the noise is a turn signal, I think it's probably some other relay cycling on and off. Doesn't matter though, it shouldn't happen and you've obviously done something quite wrong.

Lord Humongous 03-05-2015 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 8345485)
I can't even imagine what you could have done to make that happen, because amps are incredibly simple to wire. You need 3 wires, one of which comes straight from the battery, one of which goes straight to the chassis, and the third connects to the remote turn on from the radio. How you mess that up I don't know, because there is only one wire which can possibly be wired wrong.

I don't think the noise is a turn signal, I think it's probably some other relay cycling on and off. Doesn't matter though, it shouldn't happen and you've obviously done something quite wrong.

Hey...that's what I said

Yardjass 03-05-2015 07:21 PM

Time for a set of madtyte Mike Hawk aftermarket turn signals, cuhhhhh!

smilin dave 07-03-2015 03:03 PM

Did you run the wiring down the center of the car? If not, this is where I would run to avoid all other oem wiring, thus reducing the possibility of induced noise. Try also grounding all audio equipment to the same point using a star washer under the screw to insure constant ground. In other words, all grounds to a central point.
Regards
Dave

I know, no one has pissed me off yet. You only give enough info to hang themselves.

Fabrik8 07-03-2015 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by smilin dave (Post 8358743)
Did you run the wiring down the center of the car? If not, this is where I would run to avoid all other oem wiring, thus reducing the possibility of induced noise. Try also grounding all audio equipment to the same point using a star washer under the screw to insure constant ground. In other words, all grounds to a central point.
Regards
Dave

I know, no one has pissed me off yet. You only give enough info to hang themselves.

That's good and very basic advice, but it doesn't sound like there's a problem with induced noise through the audio system....

Got those 15 posts though, so enjoy the classifieds!