Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turn signal

Old 04-30-2010, 02:57 PM
HighestTraderRating

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant*
Default turn signal

hey vaD i'm wondering has anyone here had this problem and maybe can advise me on how to fix it or what to replace.

99 civic

when I use my turn signal in my car it doesn't automatically turn off after I've made the turn. it's my beater and I don't care too much about it since it's not that big of a deal but the thing is I get teased for a day or two where it works. it's wierd. any info would be appreciated.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

Imbodiedchaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: turn signal

Kinda hard to say exactly since its electrical because it could be the wiring. I would say check the relay. The connection could simply just be oxidized (as a result of being used, its normal) and just need to be cleaned up or the relay could be going bad and needs to be replaced. You could check to see if the connector for the relay is receiving the correct power because like I said, it might be the wires. But why start complex when it could be a simple fix. Hope that helps.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

All that stuff is on the steering column right by the turn signal stalks, and the cam that resets the switch is probably worn out or broken. Most of the mechanical switch mechanism stuff is made of nylon or some other type of plastic so it wears out after a while. That means you've got a shitload of miles on your car..

The fact that the switch itself works fine and it's just not getting reset tells me that it's not an electrical problem. I think you still have to replace the switch assembly though, because it's usually all one unit. I can't say, I've never had a car with that much mileage on it.

EDIT: I just Googled it, it's called a cancel cam, and the part number (for a del Sol actually) is 53271-SR3-000. About $7. It looks like a lot of Hondas/Acuras actually use that same part number. At least you know what to look for though, and it doesn't look like you have to replace the switch.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-30-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:52 PM
HighestTraderRating

ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant*

lol yeah 172k and climbing. I figured it was something like that thanks fabrik8 u always come thru with some knowledge.