Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo/wastegate question

Old 11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
tits anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default turbo/wastegate question

I have a h22a turbo eg on 4psi that is currently not tuned, the car does fine if I keep it out of boost, basically under 4000 rpm range. But my question is, is there any way that I can keep the wastegate open at all times? I figure I could somehow put something in where the spring is to keep it open but I'm not really sure...I just can't get it tuned for a couple days and I don't wanna pop it. I don't plan on taking it into boost even if I can keep the wastegate open but I'm just tryin to prevent boost right now as much as I can.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: turbo/wastegate question

Uuuuuuh boost controller?
Old 11-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

f-av8 f-av8

boost controller will only control the boost past the wastegate spring boost level. take the spring out of the wastegate and you will produce 0 psi of boost.

Last edited by f-av8; 11-01-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

depending on how bad it's tuned, and im guessing ur not tuned on boost, just watch ur boost guage, it's not hard to keep in in vacuum.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

f-av8 f-av8

Originally Posted by 95egd16
I have a h22a turbo eg on 4psi that is currently not tuned, the car does fine if I keep it out of boost, basically under 4000 rpm range. But my question is, is there any way that I can keep the wastegate open at all times? I figure I could somehow put something in where the spring is to keep it open but I'm not really sure...I just can't get it tuned for a couple days and I don't wanna pop it. I don't plan on taking it into boost even if I can keep the wastegate open but I'm just tryin to prevent boost right now as much as I can.
also you might want to check on who your only producing 4psi at 4000rpm wnles you have a large turbo somethings up.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

OP, not trying to be a DH, but I wish people would stop doing this dumb shit. If you have the money to put together a turbo'ed car then you should have the money and the time to take it to a tuner so this issue would not be an issue. If it is that you need to drive it to the tuner rent a trailer to take it.

Just get the car tuned so you do not have to worry about the boost pressure causing damage to the engine. Or like said above stay out of boost until you can get it tuned.