Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo port&polish

Old 12-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brandon.beene can only hope to improve
Default turbo port&polish

I have a fully built turbo gsr and I was considering getting a port and polish but would it be a waste of money since i have the turbo or would it be worth it since the air is forced in anyways? or would it be worth it just to get the ITR head and transfer everything over if a port and polish is in fact worth it?
Old 12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: turbo port&polish

Porting a head, as long as its done correctly, will always be beneficial, regardless of whether the motor is Forced Induction or Naturally Aspirated.

I'm not huge on B series, but from what I've read, the only differences between the ITR head and GSR, is the ITR has slightly larger combustion chambers(I could be mistaken though).

So either way it will benefit the motor, but look into the actual differences between the 2 heads, and decide whether or not switching them is worth the trouble.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:16 AM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
Porting a head, as long as its done correctly, will always be beneficial, regardless of whether the motor is Forced Induction or Naturally Aspirated.

I'm not huge on B series, but from what I've read, the only differences between the ITR head and GSR, is the ITR has slightly larger combustion chambers(I could be mistaken though).

So either way it will benefit the motor, but look into the actual differences between the 2 heads, and decide whether or not switching them is worth the trouble.
Ive been doing a little research, But i cant really come up with much, I have read dont do it because the air is forced into it, and i heard just what you said. the ITR has a ported head on it and there is not too much difference between the 2. I am trying to squeeze a lil more HP out of what i got now without having to push the turbo any higher. thanks for the info
Old 12-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Registered Member

cheesebox has disabled reputation

porting is ALWAYS good. if you have the money port the shit out of it, more flow is a good thing. more intake flow = more exhaust flow = faster spoolup.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:57 AM
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

Come see us, we have done quite a few heads.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

In my opinion,

I wouldn't get an ITR head. You'll be spending a lot of money for a mild port and polish (the P&P on the ITR head isn't much) If your going to send your head somewhere to get ported, RLZ does fantastic work. But, I can't tell you how many stock top ends I've seen making ridiculous horsepower. I'd spend the money else where first. But, that is just my opinion.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

weldmatic has disabled reputation

ya ya ya ya port polish whatever.. just a waste really. a good valve job will get you better performance than any p&p. besides if you take your head to a shop and get the train ran on it there gonna more than likely take the casting lines out and so on. get the best shop to do the best valve job possible. get your guides cut and deshroud the valves a bit.

take your stock head to a shop and dump some cash in it. let the shop tell you what youll need. not a bunch of haters on a forum.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

Haters on a forum? Cause we told him the benefits of porting a head, and our opinion on the differences between a GSR and ITR head?

You sir are 1 seriously stupid fuck.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:35 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by weldmatic
besides if you take your head to a shop and get the train ran on it t.

id like to know what running a train has to do with porting and polishing a turbo
Old 12-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

TurboEGferio is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
Haters on a forum? Cause we told him the benefits of porting a head, and our opinion on the differences between a GSR and ITR head?

You sir are 1 seriously stupid fuck.

Quick Reply: turbo port&polish