Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo issue

Old 06-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
showandgotc has disabled reputation
Default turbo issue

im hoping someone can shoot me an idea. Ive got a full greddy turbo kit on my car, ive had it for a over 2 years or so. I noticed a little while ago that there was a little bit of oil in my air piping (all of it) some even past the intercooler heading towards the throttle body. I was told that a little oil in the air piping was normal, but as of today there was oil on my hood where my hood closes at the front bumper. i opened the hood to discover oil on the underside of my hood and also blowing to the front of the car, where it would of exited out onto the outsude of my hood. And i know its comming from my BOV. all the oil trails from the underside of the hood and in my engine bay point to it blowing out of my bov plus there's an accumulation of oil on the outlet of the BOV. I was kinda curious to everyones ideas as to why so much oil is now in my intake piping that my BOV is blowing air and oil and lots of oil at that. My only thought is that the seals on the turbo are shot. any ideas or suggestions anyone? Thanks
Old 06-06-2009, 07:34 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default Re: turbo issue

get a new turbo or get it rebuilt. thats your problem
Old 06-07-2009, 07:00 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Seals are blown on the turbo for sure.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

showandgotc has disabled reputation

i see rebuild kits online for the mitsubishi 18g turbo that my greddy kit came with would that be something i could do or would my only options be to buy a new turbo? and if i could rebuild it does anyone know how hard it is? im no mechanic but def know my way around an engine bay so i woudl think i would be able to do it myself if there wasnt something special to it.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Accord 5th Gen.

unholy has disabled reputation

I found this->http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...at=Turbo+Parts

Not sure If it helps but I might be in the same situation.

But from what I was told its not the turbo its my engine Iv lost compression in cyl4(ithink) and the engine itself is blowing oil.

My problem was when I rev up 5k+ and boost-when i open the hood oil would be sprayed everywhere inside. That and its clearly burning as when I now let it idle you can see oil/smoke being burned from the hood. exhaust smells like burned oil also.

So all in all Im torn is it both? Well iv decided to rebuild everything starting with the engine.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Registered member

mondyva has disabled reputation

i'd say toss that snail for a new one bro
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

rebuilding it isnt very hard....it just takes some research reading on how to...and the parts ....and rebuild kits arent very expensive, just make sure you DEFINITELY do it right the first time...