Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo gsr not starting

Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default turbo gsr not starting

Hey guys, my integras been sitting in the garage for a long time now and battery is dead. After recharging it the car did not start, there are no issues with it I just dont drive the car as much. Its a gsr with t4 turbo, had apexi safc installed also which reset when battery died. Could that be my issue because it was set to my settings when in use but reset when battery died. It runs like complete crap if it does start after some tries and then dies off.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright
Default Re: turbo gsr not starting

So is the car starting? If so that is letting you know that you do not have any issue with the factory parts. Now if the car is starting and then cutting off or running poorly then the issue most likely is the SAFC. I really do not know much about them and I assume that if it loses power you will not have any of the settings saved.

what do the plugs look like if the car does start?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

how can I save the settings how is that possible? car mostly doesn't start unless I keep the key turned it barely starts then shuts. bf this right when I turn key it started up.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

That was my point. I think that the SAFC will not save any tuning information if the power is disconnected. Will the car start at all? even if it runs for a second. What do the plugs look like? are the black? do they smell like fuel? Are you getting spark? What trouble shooting have you done?

Most likely it is the SAFC.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Ditch the SAFC and pick up a chipped obd1 ecu that can be tuned.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Ditch the SAFC and pick up a chipped obd1 ecu that can be tuned.
+1

Do you have bigger injectors installed and a factory ecu?

If so, and the safc has been reset, then it thinks that your starting the car with the factory injectors.

Like Matt said, get a chipped obd1 ecu and bring the car to someone to tune it. I recommend him, I have been there when he tuned a friends all motor del sol and got VERY impressive numbers out of it.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:46 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

I believe that is incorrect, ive had several setups run with safc's. everytime I installed them settings never changed if I disconnected the battery for repair or whatnot I would not need to redo the settings or mess with the fuel of the safc. Its quite possibly something else

although I agree, get a chipped ecu with some sort oftuning program. much better .
Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
I believe that is incorrect, ive had several setups run with safc's. everytime I installed them settings never changed if I disconnected the battery for repair or whatnot I would not need to redo the settings or mess with the fuel of the safc. Its quite possibly something else

although I agree, get a chipped ecu with some sort oftuning program. much better .
After a quick google search i'm with MORE IMPATIENT and it seems that the SAFC holds it's settings.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Any tuning device that loses its memory when power is disconnected should be thrown away immediately.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

gameoverr96 has disabled reputation

^^^^^ x2

Quick Reply: turbo gsr not starting