Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo d16

Old 10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zackae415 has disabled reputation
Default turbo d16

i plan on boosting my d16 i was just wondering if anyone could help me out what will i need to do to achieve 400hp and will i have to do anything to my tranny
Old 10-19-2009, 03:27 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: turbo d16

Lots and yes
Old 10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

you can make 400 hp on a stock block......stressing the word can in that one. but your gonna need to upgrade your rods, pistons, crank, bearings, oil pump, all arp hardware, port work, upgraded valves, springs, retainers, cam, cam gear, etc etc etc, and extensive tuning (mshue). now you could half ass it and boost the fuck outta it and maybe get the power, but its not gonna be reliable at all. get a bseries if you want a honda making 400 without going completely nuts building a motor.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
JDM Monkey Tuning

Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy

^ what he said. pretty much for 400 out of a single cam your gonna have to build the entire motor. and not cheap out doing it. as for tranny with 400 your gonna want lsd so your should rebuild it. i have a single cam turbo that is bottom built only for the time being and im making right around 300 on 15 pounds. and should make 400ish once the head is done and i have 90% of the stuff listed above
Old 10-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by Bumper Caddy
^ what he said. pretty much for 400 out of a single cam your gonna have to build the entire motor. and not cheap out doing it. as for tranny with 400 your gonna want lsd so your should rebuild it. i have a single cam turbo that is bottom built only for the time being and im making right around 300 on 15 pounds. and should make 400ish once the head is done and i have 90% of the stuff listed above
orly? Whatchu got in the bottom end nga? I'm building my z6 conservatively for 300hp... Of course I'm not settin it up for straight line so I'd be content w/ 300... 400 would be a plus...
Old 10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
orly? Whatchu got in the bottom end nga? I'm building my z6 conservatively for 300hp... Of course I'm not settin it up for straight line so I'd be content w/ 300... 400 would be a plus...
vitara/eagle
Old 10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
vitara/eagle
Orly? How much boost could I run on that particular setup? Of course w/ ARP studs and cometic gasket...
Old 10-19-2009, 09:55 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Orly? How much boost could I run on that particular setup? Of course w/ ARP studs and cometic gasket...
enough
Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 PM
JDM Monkey Tuning

Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
vitara/eagle
what he said. vitara and eagle. low comp pistons. arp hardware. couple other things but thats the jist of it. and im on 15 pounds right now and it feels like it could hold a few more. the better the tune the more itll hold i wouldnt do over ~20 with just a bottom build. but i daily it and it seems to be doing just fine. only problem im having right now is low end boost lag because of the low comp and turbo size
Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by Bumper Caddy
what he said. vitara and eagle. low comp pistons. arp hardware. couple other things but thats the jist of it. and im on 15 pounds right now and it feels like it could hold a few more. the better the tune the more itll hold i wouldnt do over ~20 with just a bottom build. but i daily it and it seems to be doing just fine. only problem im having right now is low end boost lag because of the low comp and turbo size
How much would you say you're puttin to the wheels? Like I said, I'm only shooting for 300hp... I have other areas to look at other than my engine...