Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo and coolant

Old 06-12-2009, 03:08 AM
tits anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default turbo and coolant

installing a turbo on my eg coupe (d16) and im using a td04 turbo. its an oil and water cooled turbo, and while im in the process of gettin my funds up for a new turbo, im wondering hw I can run the coolant line to the turbo. i was thinking off of the tb or somewhere around there, but im not sure. if anyone knows how to route coolant lines on a td04 in a honda please give me some info. kthanks bye.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:55 AM
Registered member

mondyva has disabled reputation
Default Re: turbo and coolant

hey man glad to hear you finally got a turbo kit!!! when i ran my lines, i spliced into the line going from the intake manifold, to the TB, than for the return i spliced into the line going from the IACV back to the head/IM which ever it runs to. Cut and put a t-fitting then run you lines. Aslo, you dont HAVE to run these lines, just makes the turbo last longer/cooler. good luck!
Old 06-12-2009, 03:57 AM
Registered member

mondyva has disabled reputation

oh yeah, and you should check out d-series.org awsome website and TONS of info, i'm on there as well mondo9psi
Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

hmmm, thanks for the advice, but arent those turbos designed to run water? so your saying it wont kill my turbo asap if I dont run coolant line to it? i dont really wanna run them but if I have to i will, and does anyone know where i can get a flange or downpipe for that turbo? i was gonna go to a machine shop and have one made, but that seems pricey.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Oil does a lot of the center section cooling. The water helps a lot though, and actually helps more when the engine is turned off. The water lines make a thermal siphon and conduct heat away from the center section bearings which help keep oil from breaking down without circulation. Bet you didn't know coolant lines can still cool with the engine off..?
Old 06-13-2009, 03:50 PM
tits anyone?

I def. Understand the coolant importance, and now that I've gotten a little more info on these turbos I've figured out all my routing and coolant supplies I'm not too worried about it. Now my concern is the downpipe, I've been told I need to get ahold of an o2 housing for that turbo??
Old 06-17-2009, 09:29 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Browse www.homemadeturbo.com. There are a few things you can do for that O2 housing. This has been around since the early 2000's. You can use a civic HF manifold with an adapter plate for a TD04 as your turbo manifold. The HF manifold also has an O2 bung in the middle already. You can also plug that bung and just have a fabricator install an O2 bung on the downpipe. But first, you must get a turbine flange with two ports: 1 for the downpipe, and the other for the wastegate. You can either have an open wastegate dumptube or a rerouted dumptube to the downpipe. I've done a few of these types of projects from back in the days. There are links on homemadeturbo.com for the flanges. I used to get mine from BMCrace but he has been hard to find lately......try weirtech fabrications. Goodluck.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:32 AM
INNOVATIVE AUTO INC.

Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg

we just installed this turbo on a 95 civic dx. pm me if you still need help or call our shop