Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Turbo build help!!!!! EG6

Old 03-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AaronEg6_88 has disabled reputation
Default Turbo build help!!!!! EG6

Ok so I am building a turbo motor (some motor work done by Honda18 just bought car from him not to long ago.) I got B16 head skunk2 valve springs and retainers, gsr block cp pistons, eagle rods, walbro fuel pump. ok so thats the basics. I want to finish building the motor but dont know if i really need to. ( just got into boost) I was lookin at skunk2 stage 1 cams and cam gears and valves, hondata s300. Im not quite sure if its necessary to sleeve the block i have heard mixed things about and its hard for me to do the research because I am in the worlds biggest shithole, afganistan!!! What size injectors should I use? these are the 2 turbo kit I was looking at. http://www.turbokits.com/civic_turbo_kits.html (rev hard stage two turbo kit, and full race pro street kit) whats the difference between t3/t4 and t3/t4e? Sorry about all the questions and bullshit but I need some help!!!!
THANX
Old 03-20-2010, 07:43 AM

slide_it87 slide_it87 slide_it87 slide_it87 slide_it87 slide_it87 slide_it87
Default Re: Turbo build help!!!!! EG6

im runnin 1000cc bosh injectors on my setup. really depends on your power goals.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:39 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Originally Posted by AaronEg6_88
Ok so I am building a turbo motor (some motor work done by Honda18 just bought car from him not to long ago.) I got B16 head skunk2 valve springs and retainers, gsr block cp pistons, eagle rods, walbro fuel pump. ok so thats the basics. I want to finish building the motor but dont know if i really need to. ( just got into boost) I was lookin at skunk2 stage 1 cams and cam gears and valves, hondata s300. Im not quite sure if its necessary to sleeve the block i have heard mixed things about and its hard for me to do the research because I am in the worlds biggest shithole, afganistan!!! What size injectors should I use? these are the 2 turbo kit I was looking at. http://www.turbokits.com/civic_turbo_kits.html (rev hard stage two turbo kit, and full race pro street kit) whats the difference between t3/t4 and t3/t4e? Sorry about all the questions and bullshit but I need some help!!!!
THANX
Do some research about the turbo's and I'm sure you could figure it out pretty easily. I'm not too sure about those, but it's a little late or I would help ya out a little, but wait for Fabrik8 to post...I'm sure he could tell you the difference. As far an injectors go, you really need to know what kinda tune you are going to run/power you're looking to put down, and how much fuel you should be taking in (meaning what size injectors you need.)
Old 03-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Here's a quick comparison from the same site: http://www.turbo-kits.com/t3t4_turbochargers.html

The difference between T04 and T04e is that one of them is slightly more specific than the other. Just saying T3/T04 could mean T3/T04e or T3/T04b. None of that really matters unless there are actual specs to compare though, because there TONS of flavors of T3/T04 turbos on the market. The only thing you can safely assume is that the Full Race kit probably makes more power, because it says 450HP, and the RevHard kits says 100HP over stock. So that's about the only conclusion you can draw, because obviously they're each a different spec T3/T04, but that's all you know.

See if those kits are listed on the manufacturer's sites (Full Race and Rev Hard) and if you can find actual useful information. That's your homework. Report back and we can help more.

About the injectors: You can get a pretty good idea about injector size from one of the online calculators. RC Engineering has one on their site I think. You should also search around and see what other people are using on the same engine with roughly the same power output as you want to make. Lots of vendor sites also have recommendations on the max HP you can make on a certain sized set of injectors that they sell.

Don't go too big though, because you'll lose tuning resolution and there isn't any need to have a lot of flow that you aren't going to use. The ECU has a certain number of increments between 0 and 100% open for any size injector, so if you use an injector that is twice as big as you need (for example) you'll only have half of the increments available over the flow you need. That was confusing probably. Okay try this: If the injector is twice as big as you need, and the ECU does 256 increments from 0 to 100% open, you'll only be able to use 128 increments. If the injector is the right size, you can use almost all of the 256 increments, so you have twice as fine control over fuel flow. A lot of people never think about that concept, and then wonder why those massive injectors that they don't really need are really hard to tune at idle and part throttle.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

AaronEg6_88 has disabled reputation

ok sweet thanks for the info. I wanna get it running around 400hp ( if I can). Im gonna look some shit up then Ill post back. thanx!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:19 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

inline pro, google it