Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tuning suggestions

Old 01-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Boosted Mazda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chdesign is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tuning suggestions

Ok everyone I'm gonna use a MF2 injector controller with 440cc injectors 2 of them....i'm debating on what to use for tuning.....I know a dyno is the best thing but I don't have access to one easliy the closest is a 4 hour drive to ATL. I'm not too familiar with EGT tuning although i have heard its great but I'm just schetchy on that. I want to use a good A/F gauge like the Greddy one. its either that or a cheaper aka.autometer a/f with a pyrometer also I know most of you will say both teh a/f and egt but remember i don't like egt's so tell me your thoughts or any other a/f gauges that might work well....I've also thought of a Halmeter, the SDS meter and a split second meter but i just can't make up my mind.....any opinions here?
Old 01-16-2003, 09:54 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

Where do you live? I would suggest wide band 02 along with EGT.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Boosted Mazda

well I dont' have the cash for a wide band. I'm in Asheville NC BTW. The cheapest wide band I've found is 600 bucks for it all and thats a little more than I want to spend. The Greddy A/F is as close as you can get to a wide band without getting one.....it reads from 16:1 to 8:1 a/f ratios accuratly with its own dedicated o2. Thoes are all the a/f ratios I need i dont' need to see if i'm runninf 40:1 when I shift.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:05 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

I havent seen any greddys for a while. I want one really bad tho.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Boosted Mazda

As soon as I sell this tach I can get the Greddy A/F gauge and then a Veilside boost gauge.......wanna buy my tach??? lol
Old 01-16-2003, 10:32 PM
i probably hate you

Where did you find the GReddy A/F gauge?
Old 01-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Boosted Mazda

www.optauto.com has them or do a search on yahoo they are all over the place...I have a hook up on one for cheap new but the cheapest i've found them online is 270
Old 01-16-2003, 10:41 PM
i probably hate you

Thanks, I completey overlooked them there befor.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Boosted Mazda

no prob man now find someone to buy my tach lol
Old 01-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Banned

Ol_Skool_Ls is an unknown quantity at this point

dude they have dynos in hampton and they bout to build one on 17 in YC at the Nopi dealership.

Quick Reply: Tuning suggestions