Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

tuning for obd0 ... ?

Old 10-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default tuning for obd0 ... ?

ok im about to put a basic kit on my car and i want to run low boost for daily driver(6-12psi), I found two people that could do it but they both basically said i'd have to be obd1... Is this pretty much the standard now? if it is then ill convert.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: tuning for obd0 ... ?

There's tuning programs out there for OBD0. Not all of the OBD0 ECUs are readily able to be chipped though. If you have a non-VTEC setup, a PM6 ECU from an 90-91 Si (I think, I don't exactly remember) is easily chipped, the earlier ones are a little harder and require a daughterboard. If you have a VTEC setup, an OBD0 PR3 or PW0 works well, or a VTEC converted PM6. There really isn't any reason to convert except that there is more aftermarket support for OBD1 stuff.

I'd stay OBD0 unless you have to change for some reason.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

im already running a chipped obd0 pr4 with a more aggresive ignition curve and a/f ratio or w/e for b20.. its a xenocron chip but it doesnt have a datalogging cable.. can it still be flashed with a map for turbo ?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Love to Crx

jfish360 is an unknown quantity at this point

xeno, you should talk to chokoawlt from crxcommunity/here. Hes learning all about ob0 tuning he can probably help you out and maybe tune ur car.?
Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by xeno
im already running a chipped obd0 pr4 with a more aggresive ignition curve and a/f ratio or w/e for b20.. its a xenocron chip but it doesnt have a datalogging cable.. can it still be flashed with a map for turbo ?
Yeah, if it's already chipped then you're ready to go, you just need someone with a chip burner and a tuning program that will work for OBD0 ECUs..

You can usually datalog also, that's already enabled in the OEM Honda ECU code but you need a tuning program that can view the data (and a datalogging cable obviously). There is already a 5 pin footprint on the board, that is the OEM serial port, and that's what the datalogging cable (or Hondata system FYI) hooks up to. The standard datalogging 4-pin connector that everyone uses installs on that 5 pin footprint (one position not used). If I remember you can datalog with a non-chipped (completely stock) ECU if you install the header and have software to communicate with the ECU and view the data.