Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tucked radiator?

Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC
Default Tucked radiator?

After seeing a couple cars with VW radiators, I'm considering it for my car. Mostly for freeing up space and moving the radiator further away from the turbo. I will have to do a puller fan set-up on the passenger side. I'm currently using a DA dual core radiator with a pusher fan and about to add a second. Wanting opinions on if the VW radiator would be more or less beneficial for me on the track and in the upcoming summer months. My temps in the summer have averaged 188�.

Link to radiator:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-ROW-Volksw...47c376&vxp=mtr

Current set-up:

Radiator in same model car:

Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Unregistered Member

Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis.
Default Re: Tucked radiator?

Could just buy an All In Fab tucked radiator or any other company that actually sells one for it
Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Chasebays or Griffin radiators sells the tucked radiators, that are smaller, cool just as efficient, if not better and will allow more air flow into the bay.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

00_lude has disabled reputation

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/afc-80107n

this is what you want
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
B.E.T.P.

hatchblack has disabled reputation

people use old vw radiators, and thats exactly what are in those pictures. you just have to add an inline filler to use it on a honda and a pressurized vw coolant reservoir. they arent the best of radiators though. idk if any companies make them any better

EDIT: i shoulda actually read the thread first. you already knew they were vw haha. i just scrolled to the pictures

Last edited by hatchblack; 01-24-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:37 PM
B.E.T.P.

hatchblack has disabled reputation

actually, not 100% sure on the vw reservoir... but i coulda swore that was the case
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM
EH2/3 hoarder

0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg

Originally Posted by SortaFlush
Chasebays or Griffin radiators sells the tucked radiators, that are smaller, cool just as efficient, if not better and will allow more air flow into the bay.
This, have used many of chase's products great quality, just takes forever. If he knows you, you may get barbie dolls wrapped in condoms or a poster of Ron Jeremy.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

that radiator is $130 vs the $400+ that everyone else charges. after searching, the one thing that i'm finding is that i do not want to modify my hood latch to get it to fit. so it looks like i may have to spend the money and just order one from all in fab
Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

I actually had one made by all-in fab; it was on my rhd turbo eg. From a daily stand point, it sucked. Temps weren't drastically lower, and it was a royal BITCH having to deal with a leaky fitting, etc. I had the one with stainless steel braided hoses with the black fittings (no rubber), the wrenches to tighten them were fucking huge.

Countless times I wish I could have had regular clamps with rubber hoses. For a track standpoint, if you blow-out a steel-braided line, you're out for a lot longer than swapping out a cheapo Napa hose, because the tucked radiators are a bitch to deal with. Have to bleed it differently with car level, jacked up in front, etc to get all the air out since it sits so low with the all-in set-up.

Thought i'd give some first hand experience, since I had one on a daily and drove it thru the summer and some very hot weather; with a lot of aggressive driving (car was on 10lbs making 300whp).
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

hmmm. i had planned on getting the the regular hose ends. guess i'll be doing more research before i buy