Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Trying to choose an exhaust for my WRX

Old 01-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher
Default Trying to choose an exhaust for my WRX

i just bought a WRX, and im working on putting a catback on it. Thus enter the problem...im not sure what i want to buy. Iv heard good things about many cat back systems, and i cant decide which one im gunna put $500+ on. So, i was wondering what people have on their wrx and wether or not their satisfied with the sound/performance, and any other comments (ON THE SUBJECT) that any others have.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation
Default Re: Trying to choose an exhaust for my WRX

I run a TurboXS RFL-Ti Turboback Exhaust on my WRX. I had just the muffler on the car since 15,000 miles. I put the full turbo-back on at 44,000. The car now has 84,500 miles on it roughly. The full system holds up very well.

Catbacks won't really give you any power at all. It will just give you the Boxer rumble. The real power comes from the turboback exhaust systems. I would recommend TurboXS simply because they are known for having the best customer service out there with their parts. They are also somewhat local to the Mid-A region (they are HQed just outside of DC in MD). Downside is that they don't sell catbacks. You would have to go with just an axleback exhaust to use their products but maintain stock setups.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:11 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by Boxer4PSI
Catbacks won't really give you any power at all.
And there you have it. Keep the stock exhaust or risk sounding like absolute shit like all the other Subarus.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by dave22
And there you have it. Keep the stock exhaust or risk sounding like absolute shit like all the other Subarus.
lol, i hope you dont have an exaust on your teg, cuz if you do you have no room to talk about sounding like shit...anyway back to my thread

i no im not gunna get to much, if any, performance from a catback, but i cant really afford a complete turbo back, so im goin catback, then ill get the uppipe and downpipe at a later date. Thanx for the productive answer by the way boxer4PSI
Old 01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

just get an ebay turboback...

I had one on my sti and i thought it sounded good.

And yes, I put a $279 turboback on a $30000 car.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by siclike7
lol, i hope you dont have an exaust on your teg, cuz if you do you have no room to talk about sounding like shit...anyway back to my thread

i no im not gunna get to much, if any, performance from a catback, but i cant really afford a complete turbo back, so im goin catback, then ill get the uppipe and downpipe at a later date. Thanx for the productive answer by the way boxer4PSI
Um. He doesn't have an exhaust on his teg and if he thinks something sounds like shit then he has the right to say so.

Oh and btw. I have an exhaust on my integra. Full 3 inch and it doesn't sound like shit.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lawlz!
Um. He doesn't have an exhaust on his teg and if he thinks something sounds like shit then he has the right to say so.

Oh and btw. I have an exhaust on my integra. Full 3 inch and it doesn't sound like shit.
And im sure all of the people on here that like subarus also think WRXs sound amazing, it a matter of preferance, so if all you have to say if a buch of argumentative bullshit that doesnt help with why this thread was started then please leave and hop onto someone elses dick.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Registered member

slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx

Well do you want loud or not? My car came with an ebay catback, sounds great, but its really loud. The blitz nur spec is also very very loud. And they are all going to sound pretty close. If I were to buy another it would an HKS or apex gt spec. Greddys are nice and mellow, pretty quiet. Espilar(sp?) are said to be pretty loud. I dont know, like I said most are going to sound close to the same, its how loud they are that is going to be the big difference.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:11 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

And im sure all of the people on here that like subarus also think WRXs sound amazing
I was trying to help. I do like Subarus. They sound perfectly fine with he stock exhaust. And Boxer4PSI already said a catback won't make you any power, so why waste the money? You could spend $500 on something that will actually give you more performance or you could spend $500 to make your car sound like a fat dude gargling Hormel chili. It's up to you.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

And im sure all of the people on here that like subarus also think WRXs sound amazing, it a matter of preferance, so if all you have to say if a buch of argumentative bullshit that doesnt help with why this thread was started then please leave and hop onto someone elses dick.
He never said he didn't like the sound of Subaru's. He said to not half ass your shit and sound like the majority of Subaru's in the area with shitty exhausts.