Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

transmission engage question

Old 02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold
Default transmission engage question

ok so i have 94 accord with the stock 94 accord f22b trans, i did a swap and all that because the care wouldnt move due to previous owner tearing up old motor (cracked block)

when i go to put it in first and let of the clutch it slams really hard into 1st, reverse and slightly 2nd, i have no clue what it could be!
does anyone have any ideas or guestimations of why it is doing this?

(clutch, slave cylinder, clutch master cylinder are all new)
Old 02-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts
Default Re: transmission engage question

Originally Posted by 2_slow_2_go
ok so i have 94 accord with the stock 94 accord f22b trans, i did a swap and all that because the care wouldnt move due to previous owner tearing up old motor (cracked block)

when i go to put it in first and let of the clutch it slams really hard into 1st, reverse and slightly 2nd, i have no clue what it could be!
does anyone have any ideas or guestimations of why it is doing this?

(clutch, slave cylinder, clutch master cylinder are all new)
Did you bleed the clutch line and bench bleed the clutch master cylinder before installation?

Did you install the clutch/pressure plate/throw out bearing correctly?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TRQLESS
Did you bleed the clutch line and bench bleed the clutch master cylinder before installation?

Did you install the clutch/pressure plate/throw out bearing correctly?
yes, my father is the one who did the clutch etc. hes a certified mechanic. i was taking parts off old motor and all to put onto the new one while he did that

when i go to put it in gear it hits really hard as if the gears are off somehow
Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

Are all the mounts in good condition and tight?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Registered Member

slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02

How does the throw out bearing look? Or is it new?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Registered Member

slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02

Sorry how did it look I meant!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So you put it in gear, and release the clutch gently, and it acts like you're releasing the clutch really fast? I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say. What happens when you engage the clutch in neutral?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

yes all mounts are good and tight, forgot throw out bearing is new also
Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So you put it in gear, and release the clutch gently, and it acts like you're releasing the clutch really fast? I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say. What happens when you engage the clutch in neutral?
yes its like i release it fast but doesnt jerk as bad as it would if u let of fast its just more of a really bad "ka-thunk" when you put it in 1st reverse, and slightly in 2nd

in neutral it does nothing out of the ordinary
Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 2_slow_2_go
yes its like i release it fast but doesnt jerk as bad as it would if u let of fast its just more of a really bad "ka-thunk" when you put it in 1st reverse, and slightly in 2nd

in neutral it does nothing out of the ordinary
So I'm still confused by your description. Is it doing this when you're putting it in gear or when you're engaging the clutch?

Quick Reply: transmission engage question