Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

TPS Problem

Old 03-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Build..Race..Win..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these parts
Default TPS Problem

Just have one question to ask. I'm getting ready to get my emissions done on my car, but first I'm having a problem. The problem is my tps sensor. If I leave it plugged in it runs like crap, but if I unplug it, it runs fine. What I mean by fine is no hesitation, nothing. If I hook it back up it runs really bad, hesitation, back fire, etc. The funny thing is I don't even have a check engine light on when I have it hooked up. I know its suppose to .50v. Any info will help me out greatly

Thx.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Doin it in the dirt.

TWOFAWTY has disabled reputation
Default Re: TPS Problem

I have experienced these sensors in the past with an open in them, causing hesitation, jumpy acceleration, etc. Might as well replace it.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Build..Race..Win..

vtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these parts

thx man will do that.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Make sure that you're actually plugging the correct sensor in to the TPS, there are often identical connectors in the same area so you may be plugging in the wrong one.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Build..Race..Win..

see this is what happen i put a new tranny in and when i torqued down the back tranny bolt i hit the tps with the ratchet an broke a piece off an since then it's been not running right
Old 04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Bringin Dwn the Rice

Poizuned Honda has disabled reputation

that will do every time
Old 04-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Build..Race..Win..

so look i've been to several websites an cant find the right answer. what did honda set the voltage at. some said .50 an the i've seen on another site it says .47 with car running

help
Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Build..Race..Win..

bump
Old 04-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The car shouldn't be running, and there is no need for it to be.. You'll have electrical noise problems with the engine running and it will be harder to get a consistent reading without jitter on the voltmeter. The ECU will be powered with the key in the ON position and engine not running, and will supply 5V transducer power to the sensors.

I believe the factory manuals say 0.5V.....
Old 04-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Build..Race..Win..

thx man i was hoping some1 could answer me

Quick Reply: TPS Problem