Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Toyota Solora 2001 Transmission HELP!

Old 12-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jayjustice has disabled reputation
Default Toyota Solora 2001 Transmission HELP!

My solora trans crapped the bed and I am swapping it for a used one. The 1st problem is that the converter inside the trans. is pushing up against the flywheel. Then when I get everything all bolted up correctly, I cant get the passenger side axle to seat correctly. The old trans. begins with 2tc and the used one begins with 4tc. Does this make a difference especially since all of the bolts line up? The car is a 4 cyc. 5spd auto. 2001 solara
Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: Toyota Solora 2001 Transmission HELP!

Originally Posted by Jayjustice
My solora trans crapped the bed and I am swapping it for a used one. The 1st problem is that the converter inside the trans. is pushing up against the flywheel. Then when I get everything all bolted up correctly, I cant get the passenger side axle to seat correctly. The old trans. begins with 2tc and the used one begins with 4tc. Does this make a difference especially since all of the bolts line up? The car is a 4 cyc. 5spd auto. 2001 solara
well it sounds like the converter isnt seated all the way into the front pump. hence the way that its pushing against the flywheel. trying to make it work like this will result in a damaged front pump and a bad transmission. as far as the axle goes.....did the transmission come from the same year? have you tried to take the axle and put it back into the old trans.? it may just be a tad more difficult in the new tranny. where did you get the used transmission? see if you can check out the axle that came out of that tranny if thats possible and compare it to the one that you have. i hope that helps some... i know it can be frustrating when you think that you have everything correct and then shit like this happens. let me know what you find out.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Jayjustice has disabled reputation

Thanks, I'll get started and let you know. As far as I know the year and such is the same for the trans. But like I said I'll keep you posted. Thanks!!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Al_P has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jayjustice
I cant get the passenger side axle to seat correctly.
what does that mean exactly?

it does not clip in to the trans? does not go in all the way/.? crooked? Only thing it could be IF its the right trans is the snap ring being damaged not letting it lock in. Can you feel the splined go in at all?

And its SolAra no solora