Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

titanium nitride coating

Old 09-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JRussle has a spectacular aura aboutJRussle has a spectacular aura aboutJRussle has a spectacular aura about
Default titanium nitride coating

Is there anyone in the 757 that does titanium nitride coating. Im looking to coat alot of bolts with it.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: titanium nitride coating

Why would you want to do that? Usually thats put on end mills for for cutting purposes. I'm fairly sure it doesn't make the bolt stronger.

Edit: We do a lot of plating with Virginia Silver Plating in downtown NPN although I don't know if thats a coating they offer.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered member

JRussle has a spectacular aura aboutJRussle has a spectacular aura aboutJRussle has a spectacular aura about

im not really looking for the physical effect of coating the bolts I want the looks...
Old 09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

There are probably cheaper coatings if you want cosmetic finish. TiN is a PVD/CVD coating (two types of vapor depositing) and you might have a lot more luck finding someone to do a more traditional plating finish that doesn't require the prep work and equipment that a PVD/CVD process does. It's actually a pretty cost effective coating in large quantities, but it could double or triple the cost of the bolts you're using with the quantities that you need to have done. Sometimes the pre-coating processes can add up pretty quick also, especially if something like your bolts are already plated or coated.

EDIT:
I just remembered that probably the best place to start, which is also one of the best PVD coatings companies in North America, is right in North Carolina. They do a lot of motorsport and industrial stuff, so they should be willing to handle the quantities you need. Let us know what you find out if you contact them, I always like to file this stuff in my brain for later.

http://www.calicocoatings.com

Last edited by Fabrik8; 09-07-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
There are probably cheaper coatings if you want cosmetic finish. TiN is a PVD/CVD coating (two types of vapor depositing) and you might have a lot more luck finding someone to do a more traditional plating finish that doesn't require the prep work and equipment that a PVD/CVD process does. It's actually a pretty cost effective coating in large quantities, but it could double or triple the cost of the bolts you're using with the quantities that you need to have done. Sometimes the pre-coating processes can add up pretty quick also, especially if something like your bolts are already plated or coated.
Christ. Is there anything you DONT know!?!?
Old 09-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 9civic5
Christ. Is there anything you DONT know!?!?
Let's just say I've explored a LOT of these things before for various projects. I don't know this stuff for no reason.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered member

EDIT:
I just remembered that probably the best place to start, which is also one of the best PVD coatings companies in North America, is right in North Carolina. They do a lot of motorsport and industrial stuff, so they should be willing to handle the quantities you need. Let us know what you find out if you contact them, I always like to file this stuff in my brain for later.

http://www.calicocoatings.com
Thanks for info thats very helpful. Now you got me thinking.....
Old 09-07-2009, 05:29 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

What you up to Bobby.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Let's just say I've explored a LOT of these things before for various projects. I don't know this stuff for no reason.
Jesus christ your knowledge is inhuman.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by Jarrod
What you up to Bobby.
I'm going to take a wild guess and go with wheel bolts for multi-piece wheels.. Let's start a pool..

Quick Reply: titanium nitride coating