Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tires rubbing on inside of wheel well

Old 04-03-2012, 06:30 AM
IT Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IT Ninja has disabled reputation
Default Tires rubbing on inside of wheel well

I just bought a BB6 can't remember the dimensions of the tires right now but I know it has the stock rims on it. I intend on rolling the fenders in the future but for now that's not where the problem is. Two things I've noticed when I drive it is if I make a sharp right or left the tires rub on the inside of the wheel well, the car is dropped but I'm not sure how far I can't remember what aftermarket adjustable coilovers the guy said were on it but I'm going to raise it up this weekend if I have the time. Also when I hit a dip in the road on 95 going a descent speed I think they hit the top of the wheel well but I'm not 100 percent sure if that's where the noise comes from when I hit dips. Any help is appreciated. Not sure if it's related but during initial acceleration (0 through maybe 10 or 15 MPH) the car shakes a little but I'm thinking it's probably the alignment so I'm going to try to get that done this weekend as well.

Last edited by IT Ninja; 04-03-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: Tires rubbing on inside of wheel well

Originally Posted by IT Ninja
I just bought a BB6 can't remember the dimensions of the tires right now but I know it has the stock rims on it. I intend on rolling the fenders in the future but for now that's not where the problem is. Two things I've noticed when I drive it is if I make a sharp right or left the tires rub on the inside of the wheel well, the car is dropped but I'm not sure how far I can't remember what aftermarket adjustable coilovers the said were on it but I'm going to raise it up this weekend if I have the time. Also when I hit a dip in the road on 95 going a descent speed I think they hit the top of the wheel well but I'm not 100 percent sure if that's where the noise comes from when I hit dips. Any help is appreciated.

So you basically have no information on any of these issues9what's causing them, but are looking for answers?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:32 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
So you basically have no information on any of these issues9what's causing them, but are looking for answers?
YOU WOULD THINK THE FUCKING SIZE OF THE TIRES AND THE SIZE OF THE DROP WOULD BE THE KEY COMPONENTS TO THIS EQUATION
Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Banned

FatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these parts

I like how people throw up a chassis code and just automatically ass/u/me you know wth that is.

.g BB6
[shoopdawhoop] *** just another honda, please proceed to next post.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
YOU WOULD THINK THE FUCKING SIZE OF THE TIRES AND THE SIZE OF THE DROP WOULD BE THE KEY COMPONENTS TO THIS EQUATION
One would think, even if one didn't know.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 AM
IT Ninja

IT Ninja has disabled reputation

IDN I guess I'll just go with what I said then and raise the car up some and see what happens. @Tattrat yeah my bad on the lack of info I'm at work right now and I figured I could just get some pointers if there were something else I should check other then just the height and tire dimensions. My bad guess I just figured if someone could give advice on something else that might cause it I'd check that this weekend too.
IM Trollin n Hatin

TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87

I just bought a BB6 can't remember the dimensions of the tires right now but I know it has the stock rims on it. I intend on rolling the fenders in the future but for now that's not where the problem is. Two things I've noticed when I drive it is if I make a sharp right or left the tires rub on the inside of the wheel well, the car is dropped but I'm not sure how far I can't remember what aftermarket adjustable coilovers the guy said were on it but I'm going to raise it up this weekend if I have the time. Also when I hit a dip in the road on 95 going a descent speed I think they hit the top of the wheel well but I'm not 100 percent sure if that's where the noise comes from when I hit dips. Any help is appreciated. Not sure if it's related but during initial acceleration (0 through maybe 10 or 15 MPH) the car shakes a little but I'm thinking it's probably the alignment so I'm going to try to get that done this weekend as well.
go ninja yo nutts
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Lets see, adjustable coilovers means RAISE THE FUCKING CAR BACK UP SO IT DRIVES FINE

Or adjustable camber arms to get that mad stanky leg action going on

Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Eat A Dick

Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff

you bought a lowered car and you complain about the tires rubbing when you turn the wheels? ARE YOU SERIOUS
Old 04-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

IDN I guess I'll just go with what I said then and raise the car up some and see what happens. @Tattrat yeah my bad on the lack of info I'm at work right now and I figured I could just get some pointers if there were something else I should check other then just the height and tire dimensions. My bad guess I just figured if someone could give advice on something else that might cause it I'd check that this weekend too.
Who the fuck cares if you are at work...........you have enough time to write a book about how dumb you are but can't say

I have a

95 Shit box
slammed to the ground on ebay coilovers
with 18x5 wheels with 255tires (looks like balloon tires)
why do my tires rub?

Quick Reply: Tires rubbing on inside of wheel well