Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tires

Old 07-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Colonel Sanders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usmcbugle85 has disabled reputation
Default Tires

Im gonna be getting some wheels and tires here pretty soon and I wanna start getting an idea of some good tires. I have a 2000 Civic Si. And Ill have 16's. I want tires that are aggressive and sticky enough to be useful at the strip but not so ridiculous that if the road gets even just a little wet I have no traction. Im thinking about the Nitto NeoGen even the Falken RT-615. Also, on a standard 16x7 wheel what is the widest tire that I can run without having any issues with clearance. The car is going to be lowered about 1.5". thanks for your input.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tires

I am partial to the Yokohama Parada Spec II's for a nice all around daily driven tire. I would go with a 205/45/16. The sidewalls are reinforced and provide good turn in response. The tread design proved to do well in the rain and very sticky in dry conditions. I have had three sets of them.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by 0psi
I am partial to the Yokohama Parada Spec II's for a nice all around daily driven tire. I would go with a 205/45/16. The sidewalls are reinforced and provide good turn in response. The tread design proved to do well in the rain and very sticky in dry conditions. I have had three sets of them.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

Gsrteg01 has disabled reputation

Are fuzion's any good??..
Old 07-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

I'm partial to Bridgestone Potenza, the RE750 is very good in the wet and has outstanding traction, and unlike the pole position, doesn't have to be heated up for proper traction. Fuzion is manufactured by bridgestone.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

fuzions are pretty good for the money from what I have read..

The only first hand experience i have had with tires are with BFG g-force kdw's and sports, they are both excellent, the sports are amazing for the money IMO..

You can run 225's comfortably on a 7" wheel no problem.

225/40/16 is damn close, around 2mm less sidewall, unnoticeable..
Old 07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Gsrteg01 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
fuzions are pretty good for the money from what I have read..

The only first hand experience i have had with tires are with BFG g-force kdw's and sports, they are both excellent, the sports are amazing for the money IMO..

You can run 225's comfortably on a 7" wheel no problem.

225/40/16 is damn close, around 2mm less sidewall, unnoticeable..

Yea im runin 205/40/17's I got four for $195 bucks..
Old 07-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned

boots is an unknown quantity at this point

i got bf goodrich g-force sports 205/45/16 on my car and i wouldnt go with nothing else
Old 07-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

450turbosi has disabled reputation

well i would agree, i would suggest the bfg-sports, they are good for traction and wet weather- i have 350whp and they really dont spin unless i want them to, and i they are not that expensive