Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tire Question

Old 03-24-2005, 11:40 PM
f'n bat country son!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the rough
Default Tire Question

Early next month I'm planning on taking my lude to the strip to see how it'll do. The way the car sits right now its putting down 250whp which is quite a bit more than stock. I wanted to get some tires that have more grip than the Kumho MX's I have on it right now, but not something so grippy that it would break axles on me. I was thinking something along the lines of Nitto 555r's, but I was wondering if you guys had any other ideas. I have my spare wheels to mount these tires on and I'm only planning on getting two. Any input would be really appreciated
Old 03-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Thig Digged

ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq
Default Re: Tire Question

Offtopic: I saw you yesterday on magruder. I was gonna see if you wanted to run..then I saw your FMIC and said "fuck that shit." I was in the red GTP
Old 03-25-2005, 04:28 AM
15 seconds is fast

reallycooleg has disabled reputation

i just bought the nitto drag radials 205/55/14...ill tell you how they are....after i go to the track........just looking at them they seem super sticky
Old 03-25-2005, 04:43 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Nitto's are not super sticky. Nitto's are better than MX's for drag racing.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
f'n bat country son!

DaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ThsPoq
Offtopic: I saw you yesterday on magruder. I was gonna see if you wanted to run..then I saw your FMIC and said "fuck that shit." I was in the red GTP
Its funny that you mention that because I havent had a good run since I boosted my car. I think its either the FMIC or the open wastegate that scares people off.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Thig Digged

ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq

Originally Posted by DaLuded
Its funny that you mention that because I havent had a good run since I boosted my car. I think its either the FMIC or the open wastegate that scares people off.
I wouldnt have been a good run for you, more like a waste of your gas. The FMIC is what did it.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:50 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

What size tire are you looking at getting? What size/how wide of a rim?
Old 03-25-2005, 03:54 PM
f'n bat country son!

They are going on my stock SH wheels so I'm looking at something around a 215/45/16
Old 03-25-2005, 04:09 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Not too many people make good track tires for 16s. At least not drag tires. I would recommend getting some nice 15inch wheels and buying a pair of 225/50R15 BFG Comp T/A DRs. Best bet for what you want.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:15 PM
WS6
www.autocross.us

WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spic
Nitto's are not super sticky. Nitto's are better than MX's for drag racing.
They are sticky enough to keep you from going into a ditch.

Quick Reply: Tire Question