Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

throttle cable

Old 11-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigjay55 has disabled reputation
Default throttle cable

I have a H22 EG 5 speed and every once in a while when i come to a stop my throttle gets stuck at about 2300 rpm's, but if i rev up really quick it goes back to normal. I have clean my throttle body but was told that the cable could be binding. if I need to get a new cable is there a certain cable I should get? thanks for the help
Old 11-13-2010, 05:13 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default Re: throttle cable

maybe a sensor somewhere came loose. Like an injector or something on ur intake
Old 11-13-2010, 07:06 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: throttle cable

Before you think about getting a new cable, check that the cable housing comes off of the bracket at a 90 degree angle (like it should) and that all the cable housing bends are as large radius as possible. The housing tension may just need adjustment at the bracket, but it's just as likely that the cable is getting sticky with age or that it is binding somewhere (because of the bend radius). I can't remember what the best throttle compromise is for that swap and that car (after a while it's all forgotten) but make sure you follow all the rules of common sense about the existing cable first, or else you might get a new cable and have the exact same problem.