Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

is there any difference in civic and crx shocks !!!help please

Old 09-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaydmdc2 has disabled reputation
Default is there any difference in civic and crx shocks !!!help please

hey everyone i've got a problem that i can't figure out. i bought some kyb agx shocks and skunk 2 coilovers from ebay for my 89 crx si and i put them on and i don't think there the right shocks shocks for my car i think they might be for a civic or integra because even if i have the coilovers all the way down the front fender is right above the tire and the rears are all the way down and i have about a 2 finger gap . i know something is wrong and i think i might have civic or integra shocks or something because my freinds ek hatch is on gr2 and ground controls and his coilovers are halfway down and his fenders are right at the tire. i was reading on honda-tech and someone wanted to know if da struts would fit a eg and people responded that he would have to use the da shock forks up front. so in my case would it be the same i would just have to use civic shock forks up front. oh and i also have like no shock travel at all with no bump stops up front i have a good amount of travel in the rear but the casing that the sleeve fits in needs to be alot lower so i can get the right drop. can someone help me out and let me know what i can do about this
Old 09-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: is there any difference in civic and crx shocks !!!help please

Are there model numbers on either the springs or shocks? If you have no idea what you actually bought, it's not very easy to fix because you have no idea what you're actually working with.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

jaydmdc2 has disabled reputation

well i know the coilovers are right for sure, i dont see any model numbers on the shocks does anyone know if the's a differece or if i can use a civic or integra shock for k for the front atleast and just get new rear shocks
Old 09-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Full Access Member

jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype

http://crxcommunity.com/