Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tein Coilovers - Missing a piece?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to all
Default Tein Coilovers - Missing a piece?

I picked up some used Tein Full Coilovers for my 96 Integra. The front coilovers look to be perfect as they'll fit right on. The rear ones however look to just come strait down with a bushing type of shock mount, but for an integra that won't drop right in unless I have a fork type of piece on the bottom. I know this is very vague, and I will provide pictures later on today, but if anybody knows what I'm talking about, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K
Default Re: Tein Coilovers - Missing a piece?

So it seems you have two sets of fronts, or you put the rears on the front some how..

Last edited by L_U_C_K; 04-04-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:12 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

the left is the fronts, the set on the right is the rears. From the way you are describing, it sounds like you have two sets of fronts?
Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 AM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like you bought them for an ITR type suspension, buy itr lower control arms or find another set of coilovers
Old 04-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

RickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to allRickyManassas is a name known to all

Yeah they all look like the Front ones, but the coilovers say "R" on the rear ones and "F" on the front ones.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

do they look like this??

if so its as i said before i seriously doubt you have 4 front shocks
Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Roger that, looks just like those. I know they're not four front ones. I'm having trouble finding ITR LCA's though.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:09 PM

just buy some function 7's and call it done

http://www.function7.com/products/itrlca-sp
Old 04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

I got some JDM ones from local shop thanks a lot man!